1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 379     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand speaks volumes and the Ford brand is huge. He is top of the news everyday and people like celebrity over substance.

RoFo's coffee run video with Deadrat got 2/3 of a page on page 6 of the Metro today, including a large photo/screen cap. Is this video news? Hardly, but it's Kardashian-quality celebrity infotainment that lots of people will see today, thus keeping RoFo in the headlines for yet another day. The rest of the candidates? Other than Stintz climbing in the playground, nowhere to be seen...

You guys are out of your minds if you think Rob does not have a chance of winning. Thanks to the sheer volumes of dummies in this city he stands an excellent chance of winning. Brand speaks volumes and the Ford brand is huge. He is top of the news everyday and people like celebrity over substance. It's the reason why McDonalds is packed when there are better eateries empty.

Chow needs to drop out. She's a carpetbagger and irrelevant. Tory needs to keep what he's doing.

As long as R Ford continues his ground game particularly in Etobicoke and Scarborough it would be foolish to write him off...He still has two days to hit TCHC buildings and have it not considered campaigning, he has still two days to do ribbon cutting and not have it considered campaigning.....
Even after Aug 1 the door knocking is going to continue...he'll chase Jane/Finch Crescentown/Lumsden and high density areas (other than Downtown) in other words looking for the big bang....
Policy is backburnered until absolutely necessary....remeber 2010 R Ford waited for other candidates to show their hands before he came out with his Transportation Plan, Financial Plan paraphasing here "A Plan that Makes Sense for Toronto"...and if they are smart they are going to finetooth Soknacki's declarations (outside of subways) and adapt to Ford National feed.....

It's easy to grab someone's phone and post from their account while they are busy/distracted. Happens all the time.

Or, she may have meant that it "wasn't her" because she was intoxicated and not herself.

It doesn't always have to be nefarious plotting :)

Good theory guys. I bet Sandro has her phone.

RoFo's coffee run video with Deadrat got 2/3 of a page on page 6 of the Metro today, including a large photo/screen cap. Is this video news? Hardly, but it's Kardashian-quality celebrity infotainment that lots of people will see today, thus keeping RoFo in the headlines for yet another day. The rest of the candidates? Other than Stintz climbing in the playground, nowhere to be seen...

Sadly in this day and age, it works. Ford is so pathetic, and random in his comments, that everyone wants to be there for whatever he might say/do. Even Socknacki got bumped from CP24 yesterday so they could watch Ford playing on a jungle gym.

It's a sad statement on society and the press, in general. The press knows they'll get more views for a headline regarding Ford and any miniscule thing he does versus, an actual interview with a mayoral candidate - or any other real news topic.

Sadly in this day and age, it works. Ford is so pathetic, and random in his comments, that everyone wants to be there for whatever he might say/do. Even Socknacki got bumped from CP24 yesterday so they could watch Ford playing on a jungle gym.

Hasn't Soknacki been bumped twice now because of something going on in the centre ring of the Ford Circus?

I was direct messaging her on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, just making small talk. Not trying to get info or anything. I shudder at the thought that it might have been Lisi I was conversing with.

Yikes. I told her rob is a useless ahole who will mea up her life.

Originally Posted by RoboHobo
Thanks to the sheer volumes of dummies in this city he stands an excellent chance of winning.

And David Soknacki's interview cancel due to a day at the park with RoFo. Insert eye roll here.

That said, I would like to think that the 70% or so of Toronto's population who are tired of the circus that has been broadcast worldwide for close to a year would not be so stupid as to not turn out Election Day.

Last edited:
Rather have Tory than Chow, I think the more Chow talks the less appealing she looks to anyone but the usual NDP downtown whiners/professional protesters. She's an ass pandering to asses. The rest of Toronto who understands the importance of respecting taxpayers dollars are in favor of Ford or Tory.

Rather have Tory than Chow, I think the more Chow talks the less appealing she looks to anyone but the usual NDP downtown whiners/professional protesters. She's an ass pandering to asses. The rest of Toronto who understands the importance of respecting taxpayers dollars are in favor of Ford or Tory.

Because RoFo respects tax payers and rules. Oh wait ...

Grandma always said you do anything with words.

What rock did you crawl out from under?

"...but the usual NDP downtown whiners/professional protesters."?

I would expect that line to vomit right out of the mouth of Doug Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back