News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 831     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

Projects that will finish later this month or early 2021:

- Cornell Terminal
- Yonge St BRT (Richmond Hill)
- Union Station CIBC Sq Bus Terminal
- Highway 427 Extension to Major Mack
- Major Mack widening, and realigning

York Region really is winning lately

How many routes will even call here? YRT seems to be building so many terminals and yet they provide so little service
I couldn't agree more. Richmond Hill Centre and VMC (the 2 most important terminals in the region) are extremely underwhelming. They're supposed to be the "gateway to the york region" terminals but just comes off as a huge lack with terrible service and confusing infrastructure (I mean when you got BT's 501 Zum providing 6 minute service during peak time, 4 times more frequent than YRT's own equivalent BRT, you know there's a huge problem). Anyways, Promenade, Vaughan Mills, Pioneer Village, Bernard and even Finch are decent at best with what all of them purpose in their respective areas, but still lack compared to other terminals in other regions

I couldn't agree more. Richmond Hill Centre and VMC (the 2 most important terminals in the region) are extremely underwhelming. They're supposed to be the "gateway to the york region" terminals but just comes off as a huge lack with terrible service and confusing infrastructure (I mean when you got BT's 501 Zum providing 6 minute service during peak time, 4 times more frequent than YRT's own equivalent BRT, you know there's a huge problem). Anyways, Promenade, Vaughan Mills, Pioneer Village, Bernard and even Finch are decent at best with what all of them purpose in their respective areas, but still lack compared to other terminals in other regions
If we eliminate double fare at Steeles, we can have more riders using YRT in which would result in more service.

Before YRT shifted away from York U proper, I would take Brampton Zum and then YRT into North York via Steeles where possible to avoid paying a double fare. I still did it after they moved off campus, but via Highway 7. But I had to plan it to catch a bus that was only like once every 50 minutes.

I feel like the yrt to brampton transit connections are horrible.Aside from highway 7, there really isnt any other connection between the agencies. Here are the only connections:

YRT 77 and Viva Orange -> BT 501/1/23/31/35/50

YRT 7 -> BT 511/11/50/501

There’s no connection on Rutherford to Castlemore or on Major Mackenzie which seems like an obvious choice to do. Maybe in the future but still, having a Rutherford bus go to let’s say gore meadows, would help a lot more than having castlemore residents forced down to highway 7

I feel like the yrt to brampton transit connections are horrible.Aside from highway 7, there really isnt any other connection between the agencies. Here are the only connections:

YRT 77 and Viva Orange -> BT 501/1/23/31/35/50

YRT 7 -> BT 511/11/50/501

There’s no connection on Rutherford to Castlemore or on Major Mackenzie which seems like an obvious choice to do. Maybe in the future but still, having a Rutherford bus go to let’s say gore meadows, would help a lot more than having castlemore residents forced down to highway 7

It's because there's virtually nothing between highway 50 and highway 27 in that stretch, around 2-3km of nothing to serve with a bus. Neither system probably wants a route through what is currently nowhere.

Some pics from today at Bernard. Everything looks to be close to completion and “under construction” signs have been removed. I expect buses to start using the bus lanes soon. Transit signals are operational. Cycle tracks look complete but are currently blocked off using pylons. Only work left to do is tree/bush planting.
D672AE2D-FA61-477D-AB0C-D2DFD4430A9B.jpeg
5F40B63D-A2EE-4384-B512-0FD14D182638.jpeg
C8001FAF-2586-4254-9893-4179F9CAF25C.jpeg
C2D04363-7780-49EB-98FA-C25A52BFD1C0.jpeg
9CEFA8D0-A60C-4DE8-87AC-2C089F84A20E.jpeg
FD84766C-2D20-4395-B6EE-C58CF1ADEE76.jpeg

Some pics from today at Bernard. Everything looks to be close to completion and “under construction” signs have been removed. I expect buses to start using the bus lanes soon. Transit signals are operational. Cycle tracks look complete but are currently blocked off using pylons. Only work left to do is tree/bush planting.View attachment 289275View attachment 289276View attachment 289277View attachment 289278View attachment 289279View attachment 289280
I believe they would announce the opening this Friday and Viva will start servicing the rapidways on Sundays.

Back