News   Jan 22, 2021
 1.2K     2 
News   Jan 22, 2021
 579     0 
News   Jan 22, 2021
 1.1K     3 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

cplchanb

Member Bio
Reaction score

anb

Member Bio
Reaction score
Projects that will finish later this month or early 2021:

- Cornell Terminal
- Yonge St BRT (Richmond Hill)
- Union Station CIBC Sq Bus Terminal
- Highway 427 Extension to Major Mack
- Major Mack widening, and realigning

York Region really is winning lately

anb

Member Bio
Reaction score
How many routes will even call here? YRT seems to be building so many terminals and yet they provide so little service
I couldn't agree more. Richmond Hill Centre and VMC (the 2 most important terminals in the region) are extremely underwhelming. They're supposed to be the "gateway to the york region" terminals but just comes off as a huge lack with terrible service and confusing infrastructure (I mean when you got BT's 501 Zum providing 6 minute service during peak time, 4 times more frequent than YRT's own equivalent BRT, you know there's a huge problem). Anyways, Promenade, Vaughan Mills, Pioneer Village, Bernard and even Finch are decent at best with what all of them purpose in their respective areas, but still lack compared to other terminals in other regions

stevensontransit

Member Bio
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Richmond Hill Centre and VMC (the 2 most important terminals in the region) are extremely underwhelming. They're supposed to be the "gateway to the york region" terminals but just comes off as a huge lack with terrible service and confusing infrastructure (I mean when you got BT's 501 Zum providing 6 minute service during peak time, 4 times more frequent than YRT's own equivalent BRT, you know there's a huge problem). Anyways, Promenade, Vaughan Mills, Pioneer Village, Bernard and even Finch are decent at best with what all of them purpose in their respective areas, but still lack compared to other terminals in other regions
If we eliminate double fare at Steeles, we can have more riders using YRT in which would result in more service.

johntauren

Member Bio
Reaction score
Before YRT shifted away from York U proper, I would take Brampton Zum and then YRT into North York via Steeles where possible to avoid paying a double fare. I still did it after they moved off campus, but via Highway 7. But I had to plan it to catch a bus that was only like once every 50 minutes.

anb

Member Bio
Reaction score
I feel like the yrt to brampton transit connections are horrible.Aside from highway 7, there really isnt any other connection between the agencies. Here are the only connections:

YRT 77 and Viva Orange -> BT 501/1/23/31/35/50

YRT 7 -> BT 511/11/50/501

There’s no connection on Rutherford to Castlemore or on Major Mackenzie which seems like an obvious choice to do. Maybe in the future but still, having a Rutherford bus go to let’s say gore meadows, would help a lot more than having castlemore residents forced down to highway 7