News   Apr 17, 2024
 517     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 299     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Are you sure it was a full GO trainset? If so, I wonder if it was a trainset chartered by CP, though that seems unlikely. There are no direct connections to any other GO corridors east along the North Toronto Sub or the Belleville Sub, especially with the Belleville Sub bridge over the Don Valley out of service and fenced off.

Can you buy a commuter pass for Oshawa? I looked into buying one for Aldershot once, and it wouldn't let me.

Yes you can

ZgnkOlA.png

MqvuhjS.png

Looks like they're building a carpool lot or park & ride on the vacant lot at Port Union Rd and Kingston Rd.

Lansdowne & Dupont
Quite often you see a couple in the Runnymede Yards, often sitting right across the Runnymede underpass. It used to make me double take until I got used to it. Ditto for the new Locos, they often sat in the Runnymede Yards.

There's where I saw my first one. And I've been in love ever since...'Loco Love'....
Loco Love (2017) - IMDb

Glancing at the Star and they had their first interview with ML ne chief. Much revolved around RER and he made specific references to Hydrail and he gave me the impression that ML was SERIOUSLY considering it.

^ They are considering it in terms of evaluating how realistic it will be when/if private sector bidders include it. Phil Verster has previously said it's up to the private sector to determine the percentage it will be included and how much risk they are willing to take on.

I finally got around to consolidating the new Lakeshore East schedules so I can analyse them.

See the full Google Sheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zwkIDtCl_bj5_Vit3_5OArLwHtzzerSHbS_i6CBUXrM/edit?usp=sharing

Here's my look into the claim that there is now service "Every 15 minutes or better dawn to dusk".
520x293_web3.jpg

Source: https://www.gotransit.com/en/travelling-with-us/promotions-and-events/lakeshore-line-trains

I created a table listing the gaps between stopping trains at each station along the line. I included the Stouffville line schedule because some peak service to Danforth and Scarborough stations is actually provided by Stouffville Line trips.

During the midday hours, there is indeed 15-minute service along the LSE, apart from a few timing adjustments.

Top block is the schedule, bottom block is the time since the last stopping train at each station.
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 23.02.23.png

But there is nowhere near 15-minute-or-better service during peak periods in either direction, with many gaps as long as 40 minutes:
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 23.05.02.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 23.05.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 23.05.02.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 405
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 23.02.23.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 23.02.23.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 468

Back