News   May 09, 2024
 509     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 465     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 772     1 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

It would be great to see a Ned Kahn installed on the north facing facade of TLS...

Alternately, it could be great just to see Ned Kahn installed on the north facing facade of TLS...

You know, David Blaine styles. Give him a little transparent box or something to tool around in, a few stories up.

Huh! Great to find out about Ned Kahn - I just suggested a Kahn-like skin for the PizzaPizza Condo (see the 580 Jarvis thread), so I am pleased to see that this kind of work is happening in places. Must visit Wisconsin...

Alternately, it could be great just to see Ned Kahn installed on the north facing facade of TLS...

You know, David Blaine styles. Give him a little transparent box or something to tool around in, a few stories up.

Such is the price of fame these days...

(hoping the box will be heated)

Torch is now buzzing with activity. I passed by last night, Urbancon has a bright lit sign, there are several dumpsters on site and most of the ads have been stripped off the buildings.

I was happy to see dumpsters. Hopefully they make generous use of them! :D

It looks like we're getting a second change with this building..., it's back "under construction" phew!

Metro:

The Torch/Olympic Spirit is already barebones - how else to explain the exposed concerete?

AoD

LoL... I mean, get rid of the rest of the skin and start from scratch:

137083012bygnfhphet5.jpg

...or better yet:

71701640wawpuyphzp3.jpg

... or if we have to compromise and use what is already there:

i1293177_citytvhqtd5.jpg

Note: Having all those people milling around would be part of the ongoing maintenance costs

Wow. It's so sad to be reminded of what it was originally supposed to look like. That would have been a stunner.

Yeah, it certainly turned into a pile of dog crap. That's why I was kind of pleased to hear when Olympic Spirit went bankrupt. A half-assed effort that resulted in a massive eyesore at a primo location.

Thanks for the link.

Here is hoping for many more changes to come. Despite the lighting and other rendering effects, the concept is certainly not pretty. Bring on a design review panel.

Back