News   May 09, 2024
 465     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 792     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 538     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

They have a new rooftop that they can broadcast from. Maybe they will bring back Harold to do the weather again. If not, it's a great place for a band to do a concert. Should be fun.

JG

rogerstelevisioncity_rendering.jpg

umm...that is a rancid pool of dog vomit....:(

maybe the artist was drunk?

They have a new rooftop that they can broadcast from. Maybe they will bring back Harold to do the weather again. If not, it's a great place for a band to do a concert. Should be fun.

JG

I hope not. They should be using the stage in Dundas Square for that kind of thing.

I actually like it. I think it will look far better than what is currently there.

I'm surprised nobody's commented that the foot of the 'torch' will gain a great new use: radio station. I love that! The Hard Rock Cafés radio station fits in well, FAN 590 will do great there too.

I love the ticker sorrounding the building. It will give the entire building some movement and dynamism.

I'm a little stumped at the red structure. I wonder what that will be exactly. A changing faceted screen? If so, that could reach iconic status!

It's easy to see from that rendering how far CityTV has fallen. Their presence in terms of signage on that building is shockingly minimal.

it looks like the TTC Streetcar tracks cutting through the building have been removed. Besides the change from the "torch" to the red gem(?), i like it and think it will be wonderful. I don't think that they will be using corrugated steel as the cladding, but grey-tinted glass panels.

Is the FAN 590 actually moving into the building? I hadn't heard that before. It seams that radio station moves around a lot and I thought they were comfortable at the Rogers building on Jarvis.

"it looks like the TTC Streetcar tracks cutting through the building have been removed."

It's hard to tell from the rendering whether the tracks have been filled in...you could argue either way.

"I don't think that they will be using corrugated steel as the cladding, but grey-tinted glass panels"

Agreed...if you look at the people in the rendering you can actually see their legs / feet through the mystery translucent material.

"I don't think that they will be using corrugated steel as the cladding, but grey-tinted glass panels"

Agreed...if you look at the people in the rendering you can actually see their legs / feet through the mystery translucent material.

Perforated corrugated steel?

That rendering is absolutely disgusting, and that haphazard 'welcome' tower-thing looks stupidly ridiculous. Torch is a gem compared to whatever that thing in the rendering is.

Back