News   May 31, 2024
 950     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.3K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

28 St. Thomas (cancelled office conversion to condo by &Co)

It's a sign the peak of the condo market has hit...for now. Luxury market in this area must be slowing down; then consider the high labour costs and lack of quality trades. Anyhow, the first of many cancellations?

or a sign of the office vacancy rate hitting record lows ... we aren't "special" like Vancouver where selling condos yields a greater return than leasing office space.

I still find this rumour hard to believe

or a sign of the office vacancy rate hitting record lows ... we aren't "special" like Vancouver where selling condos yields a greater return than leasing office space.

I still find this rumour hard to believe

It's not a rumour. This came from the Urban Coordinator at the Yorkville BIA.

No offense but, it's still a rumour unless it comes directly from the developer. Anyways, I find it hard to believe as its been a month since 150 Bloor went in front of the CoA. Why then did the developer even bother as things don't change that quickly? (not to mention emptying the building of tenants which shows intent)

No offense but, it's still a rumour unless it comes directly from the developer. Anyways, I find it hard to believe as its been a month since 150 Bloor went in front of the CoA. Why then did the developer even bother as things don't change that quickly? (not to mention emptying the building of tenants which shows intent)

Developers actively consult with Kyle Rae's office and the BIA. If the coordinator said it's cancelled, then it came directly from the developer.

Is the current building still an office though?

Or did they already vacate the buildings i.e. are they both empty - and what about the retail at the bottom, are they still present?

Is the current building still an office though?

Or did they already vacate the buildings i.e. are they both empty - and what about the retail at the bottom, are they still present?

The office portion is more or less nearly empty, while the retail has no intentions of moving.

101 Bloor St West

Greetings all, my first post.

Anybody have any info on 101 Bloor West. It's the brown glass office building on the southwest corner of Bloor and St. Thomas (across the street from Roots). All the tenants were kicked out awhile ago and the building has been sitting empty for months. Rumour has it the owner wanted to convert to condos but I see no signs or activity except for a metal fence.

androiduk

Hi Androiduk, welcome to the forum.

As a Newbie you are not allowed to start threads until you have posted 25 times. Luckily for you, there is already a thread discussing this project, and your post has been moved to it. Read above...

can't imagine how this building will fit properly into the Streetscape of St. Thomas / Bloor, IMO 10 Bellair to the north, with 1 St. Thomas + Royal Arms condo to the south have generally more traditional looking classical architecture, whereas &Co's proposal look sort of like post-modern / industrial with its steel panels ... can't say I like it~

So suddenly all the buildings in the area need to look faux-traditional to fit in?

Yeeeeuch.

Anyway, it seems it's cancellado. Too bad. It looked very cool. (See post #40.)

The metal fence has been removed around this building. It seems whatever work they were doing has been completed for now.

Back