News   Apr 25, 2024
 301     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 403     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 606     0 

Woodbine Centre

If the racetrack's development brings in customers from other parts of the GTA, I could see minor interest in visiting the Woodbine Centre.
Possibly even interest to re-install other name-brand stores and anchors back into the mall (with wishful thinking).

I doubt it - the last thing they would want is any potential customers "leaking out" from their premises to other locations in the area. If anything it would draw customers (and whatever retailer is left) away from Woodbine Centre.

AoD

Won't there be shopping and retail at the new Woodbine anyways? I don't see a reason to visit the circus that is now woodbine centre.

it looks like a Costco is proposed at the old sear warehouse in Rexdale. along with additional retail. wonder if that will hurt the woodbine mall

"Woodbine Mall" needs to renovate the ceiling tiles/drywall. Unlike "Westwood Square Mall" which they are actually doing. I Think the floor tiles in Westwood Looks more "Solid" than woodbine's floor tiles
20191215_111025.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, I took a short stroll through Woodbine and decided to snap some pics:

Woodbine2.png

The front entrance and Fantasy Fair sections now contain an assortment of giant, animatronic creatures. Most of which are made of rubber
and make ideal photo-ops.

Woodbine1.png

Some, even contain synthetic fur and make realistic grunts, roars and growls. Sadly, a lot of these creatures contain visible signs of wear and tear.

To the right (now covered up with a red wall) used to be a pub called (if I remember correctly) T.J.'s. Which has since become a "Designer Depot" clothing outlet.

Woodbine7.png

As usual, Maggiano's still isn't open. There's now a suspicious sign in front of the entrance.

Woodbine8.png

Apparently, these are the holiday store hours for Maggiano's.

Woodbine9.png

A look inside Maggiano's. The "private event" must be for a group of ghosts. Though, I don't know what to make of that strange silhouette
that seems to be sitting on the floor. Spooky.

Woodbine9b.png

Upstairs, the Animatronic Dinosaurs are living out their own fantasy.

Woodbine9c.png

More temporary shops keep opening up for the holidays. Both on the top floor (near the food court) and the bottom floor near Zellers.
Notice the shoddy looking floor tiles.

Woodbine9d.png

No, it's not a skating rink. The upstairs portion of Zellers has been temporarily opened up to sell Christmas trees.

Woodbine9e.png

What hidden treasure can be found in the stacks of boxes piled off in the distance we may never know.

Woodbine9f.png

The bottom portion of Zellers has been converted to another liquidation. Probably the most honest slogan in the history of mall-dome.

Woodbine9g.png

Want to feel nostalgic? Some items even contain a Zellers price tag still on them!

Woodbine9h.png

The smell of mould compliments more rows of dinged-up knickknacks.

Woodbine9i.png

Some of Shop A Lot's stock belongs in a museum. Like this Nsync puzzle Zellers has been trying to sell since 2001.

Woodbine9j.png

If you're a fan of Justin Timberlake, you won't find his puzzle in this ancient horde.

Woodbine9k.png

Another nameless home decor store that recently opened near the food court.

Yesterday afternoon, I took a short stroll through Woodbine and decided to snap some pics:

View attachment 221207

The front entrance and Fantasy Fair sections now contain an assortment of giant, animatronic creatures. Most of which are made of rubber
and make ideal photo-ops.

View attachment 221210

Some, even contain synthetic fur and make realistic grunts, roars and growls. Sadly, a lot of these creatures contain visible signs of wear and tear.

To the right (now covered up with a red wall) used to be a pub called (if I remember correctly) T.J.'s. Which has since become a "Designer Depot" clothing outlet.

View attachment 221211

As usual, Maggiano's still isn't open. There's now a suspicious sign in front of the entrance.

View attachment 221212

Apparently, these are the holiday store hours for Maggiano's.

View attachment 221213

A look inside Maggiano's. The "private event" must be for a group of ghosts. Though, I don't know what to make of that strange silhouette
that seems to be sitting on the floor. Spooky.

View attachment 221214

Upstairs, the Animatronic Dinosaurs are living out their own fantasy.

View attachment 221215

More temporary shops keep opening up for the holidays. Both on the top floor (near the food court) and the bottom floor near Zellers.
Notice the shoddy looking floor tiles.

View attachment 221216

No, it's not a skating rink. The upstairs portion of Zellers has been temporarily opened up to sell Christmas trees.

View attachment 221217

What hidden treasure can be found in the stacks of boxes piled off in the distance we may never know.

View attachment 221218

The bottom portion of Zellers has been converted to another liquidation. Probably the most honest slogan in the history of mall-dome.

View attachment 221219

Want to feel nostalgic? Some items even contain a Zellers price tag still on them!

View attachment 221220

The smell of mould compliments more rows of dinged-up knickknacks.

View attachment 221221

Some of Shop A Lot's stock belongs in a museum. Like this Nsync puzzle Zellers has been trying to sell since 2001.

View attachment 221222

If you're a fan of Justin Timberlake, you won't find his puzzle in this ancient horde.

View attachment 221223

Another nameless home decor store that recently opened near the food court.
The floor tiles in the mall look really good.

Anyone remember JJ Muggs in that mall? I think the last time I was there was probably '99 or 2k. What ever became of the old Cineplex theatres? Used to have to make the drive from south Etobicoke until they opened Cineplex Sherway in the fall of '87.

Anyone remember JJ Muggs in that mall? I think the last time I was there was probably '99 or 2k. What ever became of the old Cineplex theatres? Used to have to make the drive from south Etobicoke until they opened Cineplex Sherway in the fall of '87.

That was it! JJ Mugs. JJ Mugs was sealed up (see the first picture from my previous post) and turned into a Designer Depot. Music World and The Rock Co. were also removed in the process.

The Cineplex Odeon became Rainbow Cinemas in the mid 2000's followed by Imagine Cinemas a while after. A major downgrade, in my opinion.

I totally remember JJ Mugg's. For whatever reason, my Italian cousins used to like hanging out there. I think one opened in Erin Mills in the early 1990s too.

That was it! JJ Mugs. JJ Mugs was sealed up (see the first picture from my previous post) and turned into a Designer Depot. Music World and The Rock Co. were also removed in the process.

The Cineplex Odeon became Rainbow Cinemas in the mid 2000's followed by Imagine Cinemas a while after. A major downgrade, in my opinion.
The movie theater needs an upgrade or has got to go. The mall needs a gym, it's very funny that "woodbine mall" a mall that gets traffic every day, can't have a gym. ALMOST every mall in Canada has a gym, even "Westwood Square Mall" a mall that's below "woodbine mall", the mall that nobody cared about in years, including the city of mississauga..gets a gym (fit4less) and woodbine mall, doesn't get one. Not only a gym, a supermarket & a proper drug store... Which Westwood square mall has by the way. Also on the subject, woodbine needed a supermarket YEARS AGO! and yet they didn't get one, Zellers & Bulk Barn were the closest thing to that but that wasn't much. if woodbine got target it would have saved the mall, but it was too late. And bulk barn leaving all of a sudden is very strange. which makes woodbine a foodless mall, meaning that it has no area in the mall to buy "store food", not fast food. The washrooms need Renos. Magginos needs to open or put sports check back there. And The mall needs a bus terminal, Westwood mall has a really good one. and last but not least, the expansion that woodbine was supposed to have. What's the update on that, at least Westwood square mall got a reno on time.

Back