News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 935     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Woodbine Centre

I totally remember JJ Mugg's. For whatever reason, my Italian cousins used to like hanging out there. I think one opened in Erin Mills in the early 1990s too.
and yet, magginos is there, and not open yet. another Italian restaurant, I wish Westwood mall, got a dine-in restaurant. And it would do better than woodbine mall.

Yesterday afternoon, I took a short stroll through Woodbine and decided to snap some pics:

View attachment 221207

The front entrance and Fantasy Fair sections now contain an assortment of giant, animatronic creatures. Most of which are made of rubber
and make ideal photo-ops.

View attachment 221210

Some, even contain synthetic fur and make realistic grunts, roars and growls. Sadly, a lot of these creatures contain visible signs of wear and tear.

To the right (now covered up with a red wall) used to be a pub called (if I remember correctly) T.J.'s. Which has since become a "Designer Depot" clothing outlet.

View attachment 221211

As usual, Maggiano's still isn't open. There's now a suspicious sign in front of the entrance.

View attachment 221212

Apparently, these are the holiday store hours for Maggiano's.

View attachment 221213

A look inside Maggiano's. The "private event" must be for a group of ghosts. Though, I don't know what to make of that strange silhouette
that seems to be sitting on the floor. Spooky.

View attachment 221214

Upstairs, the Animatronic Dinosaurs are living out their own fantasy.

View attachment 221215

More temporary shops keep opening up for the holidays. Both on the top floor (near the food court) and the bottom floor near Zellers.
Notice the shoddy looking floor tiles.

View attachment 221216

No, it's not a skating rink. The upstairs portion of Zellers has been temporarily opened up to sell Christmas trees.

View attachment 221217

What hidden treasure can be found in the stacks of boxes piled off in the distance we may never know.

View attachment 221218

The bottom portion of Zellers has been converted to another liquidation. Probably the most honest slogan in the history of mall-dome.

View attachment 221219

Want to feel nostalgic? Some items even contain a Zellers price tag still on them!

View attachment 221220

The smell of mould compliments more rows of dinged-up knickknacks.

View attachment 221221

Some of Shop A Lot's stock belongs in a museum. Like this Nsync puzzle Zellers has been trying to sell since 2001.

View attachment 221222

If you're a fan of Justin Timberlake, you won't find his puzzle in this ancient horde.

View attachment 221223

Another nameless home decor store that recently opened near the food court.
the only good thing about the pictures is the floor tiles throughout the mall, it's only the best part about the mall. other than that, it's not really that good.

the only good thing about the pictures is the floor tiles throughout the mall, it's only the best part about the mall. other than that, it's not really that good.

There really wasn't that much to take photos of, to be honest (and, sad to disappoint you, I wasn't striving for National Geographic level coverage here). Even for afternoon Christmas hours, the place was dead with barely any traffic. Store owners in their no-name shops looked miserable as they had their heads rested in their hands out of boredom. On an already cloudy day, the barely lit mall looked extra dark. There was very little to document that we haven't already discussed multiple times here already.

Even the $8,000+ a piece animal statues had what looked like knife slashes, teeth missing and claws ripped off from all of the foot traffic. Heck, in one of my photos, you can see a Dinosaur with it's jaw broken and glued back on.

Taking these photos and walking around as long as I did just left me feeling rather depressed. More or less because I still remember how busy Woodbine used to be around Christmas over a decade ago.

Goodlife Fitness does sound like a no-brainer. Though, most of the younger generation in the area hang out at the gyms on Rexdale or at Humber College.

Last edited:
Now I know this isn't woodbine related but, the police station at Westwood square mall "In Malton" is coming back. Here is the picture for proof.
Screenshot (106).png

There really wasn't that much to take photos of, to be honest (and, sad to disappoint you, I wasn't striving for National Geographic level coverage here). Even for afternoon Christmas hours, the place was dead with barely any traffic. Store owners in their no-name shops looked miserable as they had their heads rested in their hands out of boredom. On an already cloudy day, the barely lit mall looked extra dark. There was very little to document that we haven't already discussed multiple times here already.

Even the $8,000+ a piece animal statues had what looked like knife slashes, teeth missing and claws ripped off from all of the foot traffic. Heck, in one of my photos, you can see a Dinosaur with its jaw broken and glued back on.

Taking these photos and walking around as long as I did just left me feeling rather depressed. More or less because I still remember how busy Woodbine used to be around Christmas over a decade ago.

Goodlife Fitness does sound like a no-brainer. Though, most of the younger generation in the area hang out at the gyms on Rexdale or at Humber College.
That is true, everything you said. meanwhile at Westwood square in Malton is getting better, the mall is putting new lights which is making the mall brighter unlike woodbine, and the police station is coming as well. To even think about it, woodbine mall needs a police station. Since Rexdale isn't really the best area

Update:
the upstairs portion of Zellers has stopped selling Christmas trees and is now ***another*** nameless liquidation outlet.

The store has a sign posted outside stating that it carries items that were refused by Amazon, Walmart, QVC and other
services. All for $10. A clone of this nameless store has also taken over the downstairs Arcade (selling more of the same).

The liquidated items are nothing to scream about. Unless you're after a mini ceramic heater or a pair of bicycle shorts.
There's also a few items that were carried over from the Zellers liquidation Shop A Lot.

With all of the cheap liquidation shops (I think there's about 5 now) taking over, I propose a new nickname for our favorite
mall in it's current state: Wouldn't-Bine.

Update:
the upstairs portion of Zellers has stopped selling Christmas trees and is now ***another*** nameless liquidation outlet.

The store has a sign posted outside stating that it carries items that were refused by Amazon, Walmart, QVC and other
services. All for $10. A clone of this nameless store has also taken over the downstairs Arcade (selling more of the same).

The liquidated items are nothing to scream about. Unless you're after a mini ceramic heater or a pair of bicycle shorts.
There's also a few items that were carried over from the Zellers liquidation Shop A Lot.

With all of the cheap liquidation shops (I think there's about 5 now) taking over, I propose a new nickname for our favorite
mall in it's current state: Wouldn't-Bine.

Apparently Woodbine is owned by Closeout King. Which helps explains why there is so many liquidation outlets.

Back