News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 781     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Queen West Triangle, Urbancorp, 20 + 8s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Nov 14 visit

IMG_nov-14-09-0023.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0026.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0030.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0015.jpg

Okay, so this wasn't what were expecting - but forgetting the original rendering - It's not to bad at all! I like the contrast and the materials seem decent - its built form is also nice from those angles.

It looks like the pathetic Liberty Village towers. The fact that this design was successful and the original wasn't makes me ill.

Last edited:
While it's still a little too soon to puke, I am feeling somewhat queasy, and it's not something I ate.

Not find the contract between the brick and the glass appealing at all?

I said the first step to liking this building is putting the original rendering out of your mind :p

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's spectacular by any means but it's not bad! At least it seems that way right now.

I do agree that the building would have looked cooler with the original exterior design, but the new exterior is not "bad" just typical. Besides, does anyone plan on living on the outside of the building? So get over it.

I do agree that the building would have looked cooler with the original exterior design, but the new exterior is not "bad" just typical. Besides, does anyone plan on living on the outside of the building? So get over it.

The balcony counts no? ;)

I think your on the wrong site friend ... read a few more threads and you'll get the picture.

The balcony counts no? ;)

I think your on the wrong site friend ... read a few more threads and you'll get the picture.

Hahah balcony counts, sure.

I'm in the right thread. My fiance and I are moving into the building in July (takes that with a grain of salt).

Do I wish the original design remained? 100%. Do I feel like vomiting from the redesign? Absolutely not. People need to remember that this year has had many financial obstacles for developers and home owners as well. I'm not going to get petty and "lose it" over some red bricks. People have lost their homes this year, so forgive me for looking past superficial building features.

It's not terrible, but that doesn't make everything okay.

Hahah balcony counts, sure.

I'm in the right thread. My fiance and I are moving into the building in July (takes that with a grain of salt).

Do I wish the original design remained? 100%. Do I feel like vomiting from the redesign? Absolutely not. People need to remember that this year has had many financial obstacles for developers and home owners as well. I'm not going to get petty and "lose it" over some red bricks. People have lost their homes this year, so forgive me for looking past superficial building features.

That's it, shut down UT. Did you hear everyone? People have lost their homes this year, so we should cut out the criticism.

Sarcasm aside, nobody here has "lost it." Although many here are understandably wary of The Cheapening.

That's it, shut down UT. Did you hear everyone? People have lost their homes this year, so we should cut out the criticism.

Sarcasm aside, nobody here has "lost it." Although many here are understandably wary of The Cheapening.

Just have a bit more perspective, is all I'm saying.

I do agree about the cheapening. I do get a bit ticked about the sudden lack of choices for the interior. The tile selections are very bland. I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer has zero colour options to offer because they were "discontinued"

Post related to real estate have been moved to the Real Estate thread for this project.

Back