News   Jul 31, 2024
 782     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 712     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 528     0 

Virgin Festival 2009

uhh what? the Hip always put on a great show, Metric is great, Dinosaur freaking Jr!, Plants and Animals... Don't know much about hey rosetta and the arkells (just haven't given them a shot yet) and the offspring suck, but 4 out of 7 sure bets is pretty good.

And instead of the Olympic Island concert, BSS is going to put on a free show at Harbourfront Centre this summer. That will be awesome (despite the fact Christopher would probably say that they're shit.)

Am I not allowed to have my own taste in music? Why are you taking it so personal? Also, how did you manage to mess up my name, when in the quote it has my name right there?

This is all good but why is the American Idol summer Tour not coming to Toronto this year?

<joke> :D

Am I not allowed to have my own taste in music? Why are you taking it so personal? Also, how did you manage to mess up my name, when in the quote it has my name right there?

You're welcome to your own taste, but even someone with no taste would acknowledge that "horrible" doesn't really describe that lineup. Sure, maybe you think they should add some 90s trance to the lineup, so you can wear your glowsticks, but that's your entitled opinion. I'm not taking it personally, I was just pointing out that that "horrible" was pretty far off in describing that lineup. I also inferred from that comment that you would probably think BSS is shit if you think that way of Dinosaur Jr and Metric.

And with the name thing, it's kind of like when this guy that I went to university with was named Dan, except he insisted that everyone spell it Dahn (despite it being Dan on his license and what not). If Khristopher is your real name then ok I guess you have some super creative parents and from now on I'll add two Ks just for emphasis. Kool? (and before you get in a huff, I'm just poking fun)

Tragically Hip
Offspring
Metric
Dinosaur Jr.
Hey Rosetta!
Plants and Animals
Arkells
It's not horrible, especially with Dino Jr. in the line-up, but with bands such as The Hip and Offspring it sort of doesn't really know what it is. Sure, diversity is good, but this just doesn't work. A melange of suburban 90s nostalgia, meets very important 90s nostalgia, with a dash of current indie and a few bands nobody has ever heard of.

It's not horrible, especially with Dino Jr. in the line-up, but with bands such as The Hip and Offspring it sort of doesn't really know what it is. Sure, diversity is good, but this just doesn't work. A melange of suburban 90s nostalgia, meets very important 90s nostalgia, with a dash of current indie and a few bands nobody has ever heard of.

It could be an amazing opportunity to introduce "rock"-lovers (Offspring/The Hip) to some real J Mascis rock.

Loudest show ever for me was Dinosaur (before they were forced to add the Jr.) at the Cameron House! They could barely fit on the stage there with all the amps.

You're welcome to your own taste, but even someone with no taste would acknowledge that "horrible" doesn't really describe that lineup. Sure, maybe you think they should add some 90s trance to the lineup, so you can wear your glowsticks, but that's your entitled opinion. I'm not taking it personally, I was just pointing out that that "horrible" was pretty far off in describing that lineup. I also inferred from that comment that you would probably think BSS is shit if you think that way of Dinosaur Jr and Metric.

And with the name thing, it's kind of like when this guy that I went to university with was named Dan, except he insisted that everyone spell it Dahn (despite it being Dan on his license and what not). If Khristopher is your real name then ok I guess you have some super creative parents and from now on I'll add two Ks just for emphasis. Kool? (and before you get in a huff, I'm just poking fun)

You are correct in predicting I wouldn't like BSS. I definitely do not like them at all. I don't like The Hip at all. I appreciate talent, and most of those bands have some talent, even The Hip. I didn't mean the bands are horrible I suppose, just the lineup, it's all over the place, but that's typical of the east coast. They're trying to please all ages, because if they only went for one age demographic, they'd fail, and not enough people would show up to support the festival.

And yes, my name is spelled with a K, I'm not trying to be cool. Two k's are not necessary ;)

That lineup is pretty disappointing so far.

I'm as supportive of the Island community as anyone, but this is complete bullshit. It's a privilege to live in a public park. It's not their own private island. If it's going to be used for festivals during the day a few days a year, they can deal with it. There should be a No NIMBY clause written into that contract that lets them buy a house.

The lineup is definitely disappointing (except for NIN). And getting up there and back without a car just simply sucks.

I can't really see Grizzly Bear playing at an outdoor mudfest in Orillia. They would be vastly more at home in some turn of the century converted vaudeville playhouse.

No Virgin festival no Olympic Island Festival, what a huge blow to Toronto tourism :mad:

Back