News   Jul 31, 2024
 782     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 712     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 528     0 

Virgin Festival 2009

Both days weren't sold out. pretty sad! a festival with big name bands and they can't sell out a relatively small venue.

I think ticket sales were hurt, originally, by the location and then the last minute (relatively speaking) move to Ontario Place caught people off guard or unaware.....I know that when I told people (who are music fans and concert goers) that I was going on Saturday they thought "you must really love the lineup to go all the way up there"....they had no idea it had moved.

I went on Saturday, mainly, to see Paolo Nutini.....was very impressed by his performance...would be great to see him again doing a full set in a smaller venue (a club or, even, Massey)......caught Sloan as well, have seen them before and often wondered why they never became bigger......stuck around for the dance pop stylings of Franz Ferdinand (just to complete a fairly rare Glaswegian double bill!).....they rock harder than I expected and put on a great show.

All in all, I thought the organizers did an ok job with the move....was doubtful how OP/MA would work for a fest and I left with the impression that if they held it again there and had more time to set it up that it could be pretty successful....just my opinion though.

A couple shots from my vantage point:

3885398750_251f0bcf6c_b.jpg

3885388392_d3003911eb_b.jpg

3885393524_afc2378b32_b.jpg

Back