News   Mar 28, 2024
 409     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 294     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 318     0 

UrbanToronto Redesign

^ Further to this, I'm finding that the top header sections that contain article authors and dates act as GIFs or JPEGs, and can't be copied. I thought it was that perhaps I'm using Linux, (Ubuntu 18.04) and it was an incompatibility with the web design.

Compared to the older page software, the newest one offers a sterile and unappealing look and feel. Often a posting glitches, the site does receive the send, but is unable to respond to display the send posted. Instead the page freezes, and a "Something has gone wrong" notice goes up. The only way to clear that is to refresh the page, which then, more often than not, shows the post is up on the page.

Often sends are blocked, as if there's only one port handling multiple sends. I copy and save the posts on-board this end, and when the server clears, post them later.

Last edited:
Sorry, I am repeating myself (and others) but the top unmovable headings have basically ruined the site for me. One can no longer view full photos in the forum, the content in the forums (the very reason I am here) is cramped and the whole page looks cluttered (because it is). Please, please revert back to the old design. It was far superior to this.

I agree with these posts. Please do something to address this. ty
As of the latest redesign, I'm finding the forums incredibly cramped and lacking in vertical space due to the giant floating header and footer. Check out the screenshot below -- so much of the vertical space is taken up by navigation (most of which I don't need as I'm scrolling through a thread), it feels like I'm viewing photos through a letterbox. This is on a 13" MacBook Pro:
View attachment 189512
Can the logo bar at the top and the footer at the bottom be made non-sticky? (I mean heck, you could even put the stickiness behind a media query so they only switch to position: fixed when the viewport height is more than x pixels, where x is enough that I can comfortably see a photo with a normal aspect ratio.)
Sorry, I am repeating myself (and others) but the top unmovable headings have basically ruined the site for me. One can no longer view full photos in the forum, the content in the forums (the very reason I am here) is cramped and the whole page looks cluttered (because it is). Please, please revert back to the old design. It was far superior to this.

Not an ideal solution, but I installed a Chrome extension, Stylus, that let me apply my own theme over the redesign. It just took four lines of code to fix:

.main-header {display: none !important;}
.p-nav-inner {display: none !important;}
.p-sectionLinks {display: none !important;}
.main-footer {display: none !important;}

It was that or abandon reading the forum on my laptop. I couldn't really view images in-line with the threads anymore. The letterboxing was so bad I needed to left-click and open images in a separate tab.

The new login system doesn't work properly in chrome, I had to go to urbantoronto.ca/forum/login/login in order to get into my account.
It hasn't for a while for the other city sites. When someone posts on those sites, and it shows in the new posts, clicking on them takes you to that site, not the forum at this site, and I've tried every which way to register at the other sites, it just won't work, states "Someone is already using that name". Well yeah! Me, dammit.

I just gave up a month or so back, tried again today, it's a waste of time plus you needlessly expose yourself to hacking trying until actually logging onto a secure site.

Btw: I've tried with FF and Brave, it's not just Chrome or Chromium (open source Chrome) with and without ad blocker down.

Logging in works beautifully with Safari (Mac).
To all sites from your UT log-in data-base? I surmise I could if I created a different identity on the other sites (presuming the data-base permits more than one identity per email and/or IP address). What's happening to me is that the log-in database is not being portable, and yet it recognizes my user-name, and blocks me from signing in with that name and password, or registering at the new site with that info.

To all sites from your UT log-in data-base? I surmise I could if I created a different identity on the other sites (presuming the data-base permits more than one identity per email and/or IP address). What's happening to me is that the log-in database is not being portable, and yet it recognizes my user-name, and blocks me from signing in with that name and password, or registering at the new site with that info.
It works for me logging into skyrise cities using skyrisecities.com/forum/login. It doesn't work when I click when I click the login button on the upper right. After putting in my credentials, the page just loads and loads and resets.

Last edited:
It works for me logging into skyrise cities using skyrisecities.com/login. It doesn't work when I click when I click the login button on the upper right. After putting in my credentials, the page just loads and loads and resets.
I finally got it to work, albeit it's still glitchy. It was hopeless using my email addy, so decided to try my forum moniker, still didn't work, I checked my browser (Chromium in this case) password cache, all AOK for both SkyCities and UT...so decided to use the "forgot password" link, I was sent a 'reset password' response, used exactly the password my browser cache has stored from the umpteem times I've tried to log-in before, and lo and behold, it worked.

However, in doing so, it signed me out of UT! I had to manually sign back-in at UT even though I had open pages up on my taskbar. I might have to try the same 'forgot password' trick for UT.

I'll update later.

Am I the only person who for the last few days, I often (but not always) when I click on a link to take me to the latest unread post in a thread, jump to the top of that page, and not the actual post?

Back