News   Mar 28, 2024
 984     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 554     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 847     0 

UrbanToronto Redesign

My email notifications for watched threads seem to stop working on occasion. So far, it appears to be random. Generally I notice that I haven't had any notifications for a day or so, then when I go to the forum, there are a number of unread threads. Other days, I get notifications on an ongoing basis.

It’s really a pain that in the app when you click a thread it takes you to the first post. What is the use in that?

What app? We don't have an app. Please elaborate @.dwg

My bad - I meant to say “when browsing UT on a mobile phone” - the mobile site is the issue.

My bad - I meant to say “when browsing UT on a mobile phone” - the mobile site is the issue.

I don't see that. What phone and browser are you using? @.dwg

I get sent to the first post when it's a thread I'm not watching; when it's a thread I am watching, it goes to the newest (Chrome on an iPhone). The "Jump to new" option at the top of the thread was auto-selected after the upgrade.

A month later and I unfortunately have to report that I still consistently get directed to the first page of threads, regardless if they are watched threads or not, or if they have new posts or not. This is on desktop browser.

As this introduces an additional click and page load, it is a little inconvenient.

Of course!

Worth mentioning that the Jump to New button works well, I can attest to since I have used it quite a bit. The exception is when the thread is still on the first page, then it doesn't understand to take me to the first unread post on the same page.

Also not a fan of this jumping to the first post when on mobile. Makes this site a pain to navigate. Even clicking ‘jump to new’ doesn’t always work, and leaves me a page or two behind the newest post. I then have to scroll to the bottom of the page to click forward to the last page.

Any way to get page nav up to the top of the screen instead of very bottom?

Back