News   Mar 28, 2024
 139     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 591     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 365     0 

UrbanToronto Redesign

I think I prefer the current design. Seems to have a better flow. That may be due to some smaller details though (like the line spacing).

The banner ads in between newsfeed items are quite irritating.

Re the current redesign: (a) I miss the individual-group "mark forums read" function, (b) I miss the alert function (likes, responses to posts, etc)

Though the earlier UT version had the same thing I am puzzled at what "Child Forums" are in the search feature. There are certainly some childish comments here from time to time but .....
child.png

Yes, it's the breadcrumb trail, which mirrors the one at the top of the page. Which other navigation do you mean? This one? (I don't recall ever noticing at the bottom so I am curious!)
Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 9.54.48 AM.jpg

Why do some threads, but not others, have the last post listed on the Forums page w/date/poster?

Yes, it's the breadcrumb trail, which mirrors the one at the top of the page. Which other navigation do you mean? This one? (I don't recall ever noticing at the bottom so I am curious!)

In 'old days" (Saturday) I got a set of options at top of every page and it was repeated at bottom so if one was at bottom of a page you could easily go to Search or New Posts or ??

Now bottom of page has::
bottom.png

While TOP continues to have more choices
TOP.png

Will look into the bottom issue @DSC

The previous forum was customized over time. So will this one.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the lack of complaints so far. Way worse the last few times we did this. I'm wondering what kind of response we get when the rest of the site is relaunched later this year.

It’s really a pain that in the app when you click a thread it takes you to the first post. What is the use in that?

Back