News   Mar 28, 2024
 939     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 536     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 831     0 

Uniqlo

...to avoid that area of Eaton Centre! It's going to be a zoo! On a more serious note, it would be interesting to compare their launch to Muji in the longer run.

AoD

And if the store is as over-hyped and ho hum as Muji!

I understand the latter can be an interesting store elsewhere in the world; but its Atrium location did not take my breath away........

It sells a lot of stuff I could already find here, typically for a higher price.

And if the store is as over-hyped and ho hum as Muji!
I understand the latter can be an interesting store elsewhere in the world; but its Atrium location did not take my breath away........
It sells a lot of stuff I could already find here, typically for a higher price.

I love Muji - but I find their rollout and product range (to say the least of price) in both the Toronto and Mississauga location disappointing so far. The targeting of hip vs. practical go to is problematical.

Re: Uniqlo opening - as expected, insane!

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...trom-rebuild-cadillac-fairview.20351/page-100

AoD

Last edited:
There was still a line (though not as long) when I passed by around 8:30 tonight:
IMG_20160930_202753437.jpg

I think I'll wait a while before I check out the store.

Attachments

• IMG_20160930_202753437.jpg
    IMG_20160930_202753437.jpg
    650 KB · Views: 1,165
Finally went today thinking the store would be pretty empty on a Monday night. It was pretty empty, but it seemed like they were creating a line just to hype up the store. The associate at the front said that they were doing this because of fire code, but the store was 10x more busy when I walked by on Saturday. Pissed me off so I probably won't bother shopping there.

Finally went today thinking the store would be pretty empty on a Monday night. It was pretty empty, but it seemed like they were creating a line just to hype up the store. The associate at the front said that they were doing this because of fire code, but the store was 10x more busy when I walked by on Saturday. Pissed me off so I probably won't bother shopping there.
Maybe they got in trouble and were told to do this.

I do enjoy checking out Uniqlo when I'm in New York. But this whole line up thing at Eaton Centre is madness, gonna avoid this for a while.

When I checked it out over the weekend, I asked a salesperson if their Canadian website was fully operational...the salesperson asked their manager and told me it by would be by "next year"

That the entire storefront is open to the atrium puzzles me. I was expecting something more like H&M or Zara. The frontage is currently blocked by barriers (perhaps temporary given the opening rush). Otherwise, what's the point of having that design?

Having the Uniqlo store open to the mall certainly prevents the "Nordstrom corridor" from being a soulless place.

Possibly, however, the store was less empty than other stores in the mall, so I'm not sure why they were creating a line.

I wanted to take a look but it was the same on Tuesday afternoon. There was a long line, but the store wasn't particularly busy at all. Not a brilliant strategy - I am sure I am not the only person who will never line up to get into a store.

I agree. I too wanted to go in an purchase some things I saw earlier. I saw the line and the empty store and left. Not sure why they are keeping people out of an near empty store.

Back