News   Apr 16, 2024
 230     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 353     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 707     0 

Uniqlo

This has not been my experience, at least at the Queen's Street store.

Same...I've been shopping at the food hall at lot and the employees are always cheery.

I'm talking specifically about the Saks section on the pedway level, after you walk over from Eaton Centre. There is a greeter who might welcome you, but I found the floor staff to be very aloof. I actually like the new food section on the bottom floor.

I'm talking specifically about the Saks section on the pedway level, after you walk over from Eaton Centre. There is a greeter who might welcome you, but I found the floor staff to be very aloof. I actually like the new food section on the bottom floor.

I assumed you were talking about the store itself, and you're entitled to your opinion - but that's not my experience. I've only ever been to the food hall once, assume it's run by Pusateri's not Saks, so I wasn't talking about that.

Went to Uniqlo Eaton Centre about a week ago. No line, but quite busy. It's a decent store as far as Uniqlo's go, but doesn't feel like a flagship either. Also surprised to see no T-shirt selection, particularly their MoMA line.
A small selection of the MoMA line is now available!

Well, according to the leasing plan, a "UNIGLO" will be opening..

uniglo.JPG

UNIQLO Announces 1st Montreal Flagship Amid National Store Expansion

October 15, 2019
By Craig Patterson

Popular Japanese fashion retailer Uniqlo will enter the Quebec market in late 2020 when it opens a flagship store at the Montreal Eaton Centre on Ste-Catherine Street West in downtown Montreal. The store is expected to be the first of several in the province as Uniqlo expands outside of its initial entry markets of Toronto and Vancouver. Uniqlo has said that it could eventually open as many as 100 stores across Canada.

In September of 2016, Uniqlo Founder and CEO Tadashi Yanai told Marina Strauss of the Globe & Mail that Uniqlo could eventually operate as many as 100 stores in Canada.

Given the recent announcement that Forever 21 will be shuttering all of its Canadian stores, Uniqlo has an opportunity to occupy multiple units. Both retailers operate stores of a similar size, and Mr. Berkowitz has been a broker for both retailers.

Uniqlo is expected to open more stores in the metropolitan Montreal area as well as larger markets such as Quebec City at some point. Uniqlo’s choice of real estate thus far has been in busy shopping centres. Using that as a reference point, one might expect to see Uniqlo eventually announce stores at centres such as CF Carrefour Laval, Quartier DIX30, CF Fairview Pte-Claire and eventually at the new Royalmount mega project that will include about 1.4 million square feet of retail space at the centre of the island of Montreal. In Quebec City, Uniqlo would be likely to target shopping centres such as Galeries de la Capitale and Place Ste-Foy, though nothing is confirmed at this time.

Back