News   Jun 26, 2024
 32     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 252     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Union Station: Northwest PATH Expansion

That intersection is a zoo right now, what a mess. The need a sign to tell people that they can get across front street just east of university in front of the royal york, instead of them walking up the very narrow traffic lane.

unionnwm9.jpg

There's a lot of threads that I would think should be in the low rise section at the very least. But I think it's mostly up to Ed, not anyone else.

does anyone know when york street is schedule to reopen ? It seem like this over 6 months behind schedule.

Finally some good info on Phase II - from the August Government Management Committee Report:

It should be noted that the Northwest Path Tunnel Phase 1 (across Front Street) is currently under construction with an expected completion by the end of 2014. Phase 2 (up York Street from Front Street to Wellington Street) approved construction budget is included in the current forecast and is based upon the 30% design completion to-date. Final design will be completed in late 2014 for initiation of construction in later 2015 after the PanAm games.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/gm/bgrd/backgroundfile-72162.pdf (p. 8)

AoD

I wonder when will work start to enclose the moat near the entrance to the NW PATH extension?

P1410456.jpg

Attachments

• P1410456.jpg
    P1410456.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,592
The PATH connection is moving ahead:

Main Street: FRONT ST W
At Street: YORK ST
From Street:
To Street:
Start Date: Sat Oct 11 01:00:00 EDT 2014
End Date: Tue Oct 14 05:00:00 EDT 2014
Description: The intersection will be occupied due to cutting and covering of pedestrian tunnel across the intersection.

More progress, one assumes!

Main Street: FRONT ST W
At Street: YORK ST
From Street:
To Street:
Start Date: Sat Oct 11 01:00:00 EDT 2014
End Date: Tue Oct 14 05:00:00 EDT 2014
Description: The intersection will be occupied due to cutting and covering of pedestrian tunnel across the intersection.

...So does this mean they only built the external entrances but not the underground connections to Union?
Isn't the underground connection the big entrance into the moat that's shown? And the moat get's covered, I assume.

Waiiiiit a minute. Are you saying that after all this, there's no tunnel under there?! I thought we were on the finishing-touches part of the project!

Back