Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
Yeah... me. The two countries similarities FAR outweigh any differences.

Thing is, i've actually lived in both countries and have some basis for making such a claim. You haven't - you're just talking out of your ass.

No, I've only spent over 6 months in Canada. Of course I know nothing...

I wasn't speaking about you personally, I've heard several people say they don't think there are any real differences on and offline. I just have a different opinion, and you can keep your Detroit booty in Detroit for all I care.

One thing I found crass tonight was seeing a McCain-Palin sign being waved behind Wolf Blitzer during a Gustav bulletin.

All in all, it says something when an "normal American family" archetype passes 50 years from Leave It To Beaver to, uh, this. So, may I be Republican for a moment and blame the 60s and the 70s. The Sarah Palin generation was raised in the shadow of squeeze-my-lemon FM rock and Donna Summer orgasmfest AM pop and smuggled copies of Penthouse Forum and whatever else. This is what results.

Heck, I see it within my family--the various postwar boomers and Xers compared to what came before: junkies, convicted dealers, one particularly wacky cousin who's led a romantic life of whoreing and looting and robbing and is as sweet as can be, she even, uh, "cohabited" with another cousin along the way.

That's the kind of situation that renders "normalcy" null and void--thus, for mercy's sake (at least when it comes to extended family), I'm kind of glad I never snagged a family of my own along the way. Better to live vicariously off other families and happy individuals out there...

Wait! Is this coming from Beez?

I thought you were pretty adamant about parents setting proper examples of moral conduct. You have certainly judged members of selected minority communities in this city/country on the actions of a small segment of their children. How does Palin get off Scot-free?
She's not done anything to be off Scot-free about. I have no idea if Palin is a big advocate of abstaining from sex until marriage, but assuming she is, she now has an even better tool to use in that cause. Palin can now declare that even her own family has been touched by premarital teenage pregnancy, and can also declare that she now knows what the parents of these teenage girls go through, etc.

My comments from earlier that you quoted are about stopping the parents of our future criminals from arriving in Canadad in the first place. Palin is a US citizen, so this doesn't apply. Besides, if we believe that teenage mothers are on par with gangsta's then the US can throw the book at her.

Ten years ago, it was universally agreed that West Virginia was more likely to go Democrat in a presidential election than Virginia. Now it's vice versa.

This is why.

One thing I found crass tonight was seeing a McCain-Palin sign being waved behind Wolf Blitzer during a Gustav bulletin.

All in all, it says something when an "normal American family" archetype passes 50 years from Leave It To Beaver to, uh, this. So, may I be Republican for a moment and blame the 60s and the 70s. The Sarah Palin generation was raised in the shadow of squeeze-my-lemon FM rock and Donna Summer orgasmfest AM pop and smuggled copies of Penthouse Forum and whatever else. This is what results.

Heck, I see it within my family--the various postwar boomers and Xers compared to what came before: junkies, convicted dealers, one particularly wacky cousin who's led a romantic life of whoreing and looting and robbing and is as sweet as can be, she even, uh, "cohabited" with another cousin along the way.

That's the kind of situation that renders "normalcy" null and void--thus, for mercy's sake (at least when it comes to extended family), I'm kind of glad I never snagged a family of my own along the way. Better to live vicariously off other families and happy individuals out there...

I love you adma!

She's not done anything to be off Scot-free about. I have no idea if Palin is a big advocate of abstaining from sex until marriage, but assuming she is, she now has an even better tool to use in that cause. Palin can now declare that even her own family has been touched by premarital teenage pregnancy, and can also declare that she now knows what the parents of these teenage girls go through, etc.

And what is that? Not having a shred of knowledge that your 16 year-old daughter, raised on abstinence, is practicing unprotected sex in your rumpus room?

I find it ironic that the "family values" voter will probably still park his/her vote with the GOP despite the fact that Obama is a product of a strong single parent upbringing while Palin's teen daughter is knocked up. This doesn't seem to be an election about values or personal principles, and more about cheering for your team.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

-s. palin

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that,"

-s. palin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-church-may-have-sh_n_123205.html

wow. they should really end that affirmative action plan that allows the mentally retarded to climb up so high in the political ranks. actually, that was kinda unfair. retarded people are way better than these folk. these politicians don't even have brains that can suffer from retardation. their brains are mythical, just like their beliefs. they suffer from mythtard, magitard & the jesutard syndrome. these disorders seem very widespread in politics these days and coexist in those who also suffer from republicontard.

we are all retarded in some degree but these guys take the cake and then fart on it.

Wow, I was really drunk when I wrote the love thing above. Its too funny to remove.

BTW, you need to realize this kind of religious idiocy is pandemic in American politics on all levels, and actually is a good part of the Democratic party as well.

Just drive down to Detroit sometime and listen to the jesus-lovin' Democrats in the urban community that use Jesus and God as an excuse for everything and a crutch to stand on everytime.

Its on all corners of the country, although the west coast is the most refreshing region.

No no, there is a multicultural thing on the west coast. From those freaky Scientologists to the people who worship Star Trek and Dungeons and Dragons, its certainly a flavorful place. ;)

Wow, I was really drunk when I wrote the love thing above. Its too funny to remove.

BTW, you need to realize this kind of religious idiocy is pandemic in American politics on all levels, and actually is a good part of the Democratic party as well.

Just drive down to Detroit sometime and listen to the jesus-lovin' Democrats in the urban community that use Jesus and God as an excuse for everything and a crutch to stand on everytime.

Its on all corners of the country, although the west coast is the most refreshing region.

The sad part is....many of them forget even Christ's exhortation that religion should be a private matter. They have gone from having religion as a source of inspiration for being a better person to believing they can make other people better by imposing their religious beliefs. Somehow they think they can remove the log in another's eye without first removing the speck in their own....

The sad part is....many of them forget even Christ's exhortation that religion should be a private matter. They have gone from having religion as a source of inspiration for being a better person to believing they can make other people better by imposing their religious beliefs. Somehow they think they can remove the log in another's eye without first removing the speck in their own....

Government should be secular, and respect all religions and the non-religious by not condoning a singular belief system. Secular humanists/atheists such as myself appreciate religions that mind their own business. In the United States that's a near impossibility, so it seems.

I have a scenario you should all ponder for a moment. I think here is how Election 2008 will end up.

electoralcollege2008.gif

John McCain will end up with New Hampshire, Missouri, and Ohio.

Obama will regain Colorado and New Mexico, but lose Nevada and the entire south.

It takes 270 electoral votes to win, it will end up in a tie, and Congress will end up choosing the next President.

As freaky as the US political system has become, I will place a bet on this scenario this year. 2000's fight will seem like child's play compared with a complete tie.

Back