Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
But when they panned to Michelle Obama, all you saw was her nasty fake smile. That woman doesn't get it, Hillary could destroy Obama's chances of election simply by refusing to show up at the convention or by saying something cynical.

Yeah, she could. But that would be the end of her in the Democratic party.

She's supposed to get credit for that?

But when they panned to Michelle Obama, all you saw was her nasty fake smile. That woman doesn't get it, Hillary could destroy Obama's chances of election simply by refusing to show up at the convention or by saying something cynical.

Yet at the very moment you posted this she was giving Obama the acclimation.

Obama suffers in 2008 what John Kerry suffered from in 2004, he will not fight for his candidacy. He's "above that kind of politics" and refuses to drag John McCain through the mud.

Obama is going to have to take on McCain, not just Biden, and drag him through the mud and beat him. Otherwise Obama will be another pointless Democratic politician who has followers who talk about how great he is, but nothing else.

The Clintons are the only Democratic politicians in the last 40 years who actually fought the Republicans, ran negative advertising properly against the Republicans, and had the courage to win.

Barack Obama changed tones dramatically and it totally embarrasses my earlier statements.

Obama went from being a meek, play it safe candidate to fully taking on John McCain tonight.

Its the first Democrat to take on Republicans in many, many years and the only time in my history of voting since I turned 18 in 2000.

To say the least, I'm happy about what has happened.

Barack Obama changed tones dramatically and it totally embarrasses my earlier statements.

Obama went from being a meek, play it safe candidate to fully taking on John McCain tonight.

Its the first Democrat to take on Republicans in many, many years and the only time in my history of voting since I turned 18 in 2000.

To say the least, I'm happy about what has happened.

No worries. It surprised me. That was unreal, and unprecedented.

There's the nominee.

Imo hate the Clintons all you want but Bill Clinton a young man defeated the Republican machine twice and Gore and Kerry Failed.

Obama should be as aggressive and angry like Clinton.

Bill Clinton was gentle when he needed to be gentle, aggressive when he needed to be aggressive. His only problem was getting to emotionally attached to his wife's campaign. People are stupid for not seeing through the reality.

Obama went from being a meek, play it safe candidate to fully taking on John McCain tonight....

...To say the least, I'm happy about what has happened.

Yes, that was quite the speech wasn't it?

I am really hoping for a Lyndon Johnson here - downplay your real agenda until you get in the White House and then make the needed, progressive reforms you wanted to do but couldn't play up to ensure you're elected.

Then again LBJ squandered his politcal capital with Vietnam. But he waas the best president for civil rights since Lincoln.

McCain just announced Maude Flanders as his running mate.

Hopefully few of the Hillary-crazies will vote for Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as she is anti-abortion and a conservative Christian and see through it.

Re: Maude Flanders.. LOL!

Maude_Flanders.png

She's hot though:

sarah-palin-thumb.jpg

palin_sarah.jpg

sarah_palin2.jpg

For the many voters who unfortunately consider an election a popularity and/or beauty contest (I personally know people who've voted for the best looking candidate...ugh), that may be a factor.

On the other hand, she's gonna outshine McCain. He already looks older than his 72 years. She's gonna make him look 90.

I admit that this may be a genius move for the McCain campaign. All the disenfranchised Hilary voters who were considering McCain, are probably now making up their minds. Regardless of his and her policies, women may be attracted to this ticket because it's completely plausible that McCain will either die in office or not run for a second term. That's 4 years waiting for the first female President, perhaps less. If Obama wins, you got 4 or 8 years of Obama + 4 or 8 years of Biden or a Republican. At best, Hilary or any other woman would best have a chance in 16 years.

To the benefit of Obama, picking a first term Governer (she's only half way through that 4 year term) completely invalidates the "experience" argument that the GOP has been drilling into Americans' head to counter Obama. It's possible that this choice will actually open the gates to the Whitehouse for Obama.

I really can't stand the Hillary supporters for McCain. I just can't believe how stupid they are. It also makes me wonder if there's GOP co-option working there, or they think a woman in the White House is all that matters, no matter even if she's to the right of Thatcher.

Wow... now that I've looked into Palin a little more, this may turn out to be a major fumble in an attempt to play the minority card game with Obama. Palin's political curriculum vitae:

1. Mayor of a small Alaskan town
2. 2 years as Governor of Alaska
3. ... that's it. Really.

There goes the Experience argument out the window.

Picking a woman is a brilliant tactical move, but a much better choice would have been Condie Rice. She's well known, and mostly liked on the national political stage, she has extensive international political experience as secretary of state, she's a woman ... and this must be said: she's black.

McCain, Rice would have been a slam dunk.

Back