News   Jun 24, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 907     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 568     0 

TV Show: Heroes

To download anything from mininova, you will need a bittorent client. I recommend utorrent (available at utorrent.com).

Claire and Ellle sisters???

Not 100% sold on the concept. Alike? Yes. Sisters? Probably not.

But then again, to add to my Kristen Bell appreciation motto: Kristen Bell: Superhot? Yes. Amazingly overthetop just outofthisworld unreal amazing hot? Yes.

Anyway, I'm done with that for now and on to my comments on last night's stellar episode. But first, Elle = great.

Loved every story this week. Matt "ben-kenobi" Parkman has some serious skill. This guy is getting more interesting by the week and I love the direction his character is headed. He tells mind-tricks Molly into finishing her cereal and then mind-tricks Angela the mindtricker into revealing Victoria Pratt's identity. But at what cost to the bloody-nosed Angela, who seems to be losing her hold on their past sins.

Speaking of past sins, Adam is out for revenger after his 30 year jail sentence. It is surprising that Kaito was surprised that Adam is the elder responsible for the manhunt. It seems pretty obvious given the circumstance. Lets connect some dots:

1. Adam recruits elders.
2. Elders combine, form company and do some good.
3. Elders grow a lust for power and loyalties are divided.
4. Adam, the worst offender of 'playing god', is locked up and the elder's disband.
5. Elders give birth (or adopt) a lot of current cast members
6. New generation of heros save New York from blowing up.
7. Adam escapes.
8. Adam begins his vendetta.

Seems like a pretty logical turn for Adam to seek revenge, especially given his bad-ass, immortality (confirmed by Angela this episode).

What remains to be seen is what's happened to the other 4 unidentified elders (who are apparently dead, according to Parkman) and what the story is with Joanna Cassidy's unmet Victoria Pratt. We also don't know the full details of all the elders' powers. This is what we do know:

Bob - an alchemist
Adam - immortality
Linderman - healer of things
Kaito Nakimura - unknown, but is gifted with the sword
Angela Petrelli - unconfirmed, but seems to be master manipulator
Maury Parkman - mind reader, trapper and all-round fat guy
Papa Petrelli - unknown
Victoria Pratt - unknown
4 others - unknown

In another plot, Hiro learns a valuable lesson about playing God. One that is driven home when he meets his younger self at his mother's funeral. He is given the chance to say goodbye to his father. His father, likewise, admits he is proud of his son and implies he's ready to pay for his sins. Much like his confrontation with his former love Angela, they did a lot of bad things in the past in order to secure the future for their children. He is shocked to learn Adam is the killer, but not as shocked as Hiro. Exciting.

Now on the A-plot. Superdad, Noah Bennett, teams up with flyboy to make sure that Suresh and Bob don't get Claire. Bob doesn't mess around and gets Claire on his own. Bennett kidnaps hot Elle, Bob's daughter, and pulls out some pretty great tricks to keep her at bay. Things really ramp up at the hostage exchange where Claire and West get away, but not after Suresh kills Bennett by shooting him, point blank, in the horn-rimmed glasses. Suresh did this because he is now aligned with Bob, who was until Noah's death, about to be killed by Noah. Elle and Claire did not sit idle while this was happening, but it was clear it was a daddy-fight. But watch for the two hot blonds to take the rivalry to the next generation.

And that is how the episode ended.

Well, not quite. Yeah, holy-regeneration batman. Claire's (or adam's) blood revived Bennett. Boh-yah. Bring on the 2nd-to-last episode of the fall-season, possibly the entire season if the studios don't get their act together and start paying the writers.

Oh yeah, Elle/Kristen Bell is super fine.

Last night's episode was possibly the best episode of Heroes yet.
The ending was soooo good, very climactic.

I'm seeing a fight between Claire and Elle in the near future.
I'm also seeing Elle leaving her father and going to the good side.

Claire and Ellle sisters???

Sisters? Nope....more like Aunt/Niece...

Remember, when Claire was a baby, her mom thought she was dead in a fire?
Remember, Elle told Peter that she once set fire to her grandmom's place?

ding ding ding, connect the dots...

Last night's episode was so so. I really hate the dead and then undead plots. It's getting old.

And with a shot through the eye, wouldn't it damage the brain as well? No way Noah can cure from a damaged brain. Come on Tim Kring, how about kill someone off for real please!

Can't wait for Peter/Nathan reunion. I hope Peter will kick some major ass, esp Hiro's ass, lol.

Adam/Peter vs Hiro/Matt/Nathan are looking good!!! :)

Remember, when Claire was a baby, her mom thought she was dead in a fire?
Remember, Elle told Peter that she once set fire to her grandmom's place?

ding ding ding, connect the dots...

I'm not convinced. Why? Well, Claire's biological mom said she started the fire that 'killed' Claire. Her mom had the power of fire and Claire had the power not to die, which of course, Claire's mom didn't know about at the time.

As Lionel Hutz would say, "I rest my case". (Judge Schneider: You rest your case? Hutz: I mean case closed")

But the aspect of Elle and Claire being related is still not out of the realm of possibility. Especially since it seems that Elle was adopted by Bob.

And we are lead to believe that Nathan is Claire's dad and that fire woman is her mom. But this could be untrue. For all we know, Claire is really Adam's daughter and West is Nathan's son. Or what's more, maybe Mr. Muggles is really Sylar's dad. Well, execpt for the last two sentences everything I said has some credibility.

^^ We don't anything about the genetic properties of the heros other than the offspring of a hero will develop powers.

Whether these powers end up being the same or a variation of their parent(s)' powers is unknown.

Here's what we know:

* Matt & Maury have the same power.
* Micah has a different power than both Nikki and DL
* Peter and Nathan, brothers, have different base-powers. It seems as if neither have the same power as either one of their parents.
* Claire, if she is Nathan's biological daughter, has neither her mom or dad's power, or either one of her grandparents' powers.
* Molly's parents powers were unknown, but there has been no reference to her sharing the same power as them
* Shanti's power, whatever it was, seems to have come from her own change and not from either of her parents. Her brother appears to have no special power.
* Hiro's father's power is different than Hiro's. As proven when Kaito said "I've never transported through time before" in last night's episode. Also, Hiro's sister shows no signs of having a power.
* Monica and Micah are cousins and both have powers, but their (ugly) mutual cousin does not seem to have any. We do not know if Monica's grandmother has powers beyond hailing Klingon warbirds.
* Elle, if she is Bob's biological daughter, does not share the same power.
* Charles Deveaux had a power while his daughter did not.
* We do not know who the twins' parents are, but they do not appear to have the same power. Rather, they have the mirror image of each other's power.

Based on this list, there is no evidence to suggest that powers are direclty passed down from parent to child, with the exception of Matt and Maury. But here are some caveats: Micah, Peter, Claire (if we are to trust who her biological parents are), and Nathan each had 2 parents with powers. As far as we know, Matt, Hiro, and Elle (if Bob's biological daughter) had/have only one parent with a power.

More so, Sylar, the twins, Issac, invisible man, Eden, Ted Sprague, Claire's mom, all the elders, Adam, Niki, DL, Candice, Monica, and every other Hero I can't think do not have parents with powers. In fact, we've met several of their parents (Sylar's mom, Monica's grandma, presumably the twins' parents were at the wedding) and showed no signs of power.

What does all of this mean, there is no conclusive proof that Claire would have to be Adam's because they have similar powers. Same with West having the same power as Nathan. What it does mean is that I spend way too much time thinking/writing about this stuff.

I just saw "Mrs. Petrilli" and "Sylar" on Crossing Jordan, also by Tim Kring.

Sylar gives me the creeps even when he's on another tv show. lol

He's going to be playing Spock in the upcoming Star Trek remake.

* Molly's parents powers were unknown, but there has been no reference to her sharing the same power as them

Molly's father can freeze...I mean, ice. In season 1, ep 2, we got to see his skull got chopped off, and he was frozen.

And later of the season, Sylar used the power to make snow flicks when he visited his mom.

Either Authur or Angela Petrelli had to have power cause both Peter and Nathan have. I also wonder if Nathan's sons will eventually have power as well....

Anyone notice that the restraint Elle, Noah used a tub of water, but managed to hold her at the prisoner exchange without difficulty? Why didn't Elle fry them all then?

Yeah, I was noticing that also. The plots aren't perfect, but very interesting indeed.

Good job of connecting the job CSW2424

Anyone notice that the restraint Elle, Noah used a tub of water, but managed to hold her at the prisoner exchange without difficulty? Why didn't Elle fry them all then?

because the exchange was near the ocean. If Elle tried anything Wes (flying) could dump her in the water.

Back