They really need to rethink this numbering scheme. I get letters if one terminus differs, but if both termini differ, they should be signed as different routes.From Steve Munro's website, at this link.
A proposed route network was shown in the workshops, but it is not in the final report.
The changes include:Looks like the 503 will have evening and weekend service.
- Route 501A would operate between Neville Loop and Sunnyside Loop.
- Route 501B would operate between Long Branch Loop and a new Riverside Loop to be built on the land now occupied by a parking lot on Broadview north of Queen. This land is owned by the TTC.
- The consolidation of routes 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Road is permanent.
- Route 503 would operate between Bingham Loop and Dufferin Loop.
- Route 504B would operate between Broadview Station and Humber Loop, later to a proposed Park Lawn loop.
504A -> 514
504B -> 504
501A -> 501
501B -> 507 (since 511 is taken, and it follows somewhat closely to the historical 507 route).
Interestingly, there's a lack of the 508. I wonder if it'll be dying again when the 504B is introduced.