News   Apr 26, 2024
 504     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

TTC: Streetcar Network

The Roncys contract is posted:

Tender
ecblank.gif
Call number:287-2018Commodity:Construction Services, Road - Curb - SidewalkDescription:
Reconstruction of TTC Track allowance, road, sidewalk, watermain, sewer, streetscaping and TTC platforms

Bids are invited for the Reconstruction of TTC Track allowance, road, sidewalk, watermain, sewer, streetscaping and TTC platforms on the Queensway, Rehabilitation of bridge over Parkside Drive, Bridge 035, Roncesvalles Ave, Queen Street West & King Street West (King/Queen/Roncesvalles), all in accordance with the provisions and specifications contained in the Request for Tender document, the City of Toronto's Procurement Policies, the Price / Pricing Form(s), the City of Toronto Fair Wage Policy and Labour Trades Contractual Obligations in the Construction Industry, and any other applicable policies.

All questions concerning this Tender should be directed in writing to Alma.Salcedo@toronto.ca.

The last day for questions with respect to this Tender is 3 working days before closing time and date. (For further details, refer to Section 2 of the Tender, Item 3. Questions)

Issue date:January 21, 2019
ecblank.gif

Closing date:February 8, 2019
at 12:00 NoonNotes:
Viewing Copy
pdf.gif
287-2018 - Viewing Copy.pdf (6354 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/21/2019 02:42:16 PM

So, just so everyone knows, I have to say the fastest point on the streetcar network for TTC would be the Queensway ROW. I have brought a speedometer on the 501 QUEEN streetcar, on both Flexities and CLRVs, and measured the speed on the Queensway ROW, and have compared it to other spots. It is the fastest, especially between Parkside and Humber Loop. Needless to say, I don't like that when they rebuilt the ROW west of Parkside, they used concrete.

The reason why Coxwell will not have streetcars anytime soon:

1549837168417.png

From link.

Then, of course, they could expropriate that parking lot just south of Coxwell Station itself and/or the Shoppers Drug Mart and parking lot to the southwest, for the streetcar. But that may anger the automobile gods, if they do.

I was looking at Coxwell and Upper Gerrard this afternoon. Did the tracks that continued north on Coxwell have curves that allowed south to east and west to north at the time? Those would have been tight curves.

The reason why Coxwell will not have streetcars anytime soon:
I don't think anything precludes having tracks run north of Danforth and around the existing station. Though I don't see anything happen.

The city still owns the lot (1612 Danforth) south of Coxwell station, which is where the East York buses used to loop, and is now Green P.

Just like how putting the balance on Presto readers is too obvious for them...
I have never seen anyone look at the balance that a go presto reader most people just tap as they are on their way. Presto readers don't need to tell you anything other then if your pass is valid or not, check your balance at home before you leave or at the station.

Back