News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 392     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 983     1 

TTC: Streetcar Network

Once they are into the later phase of Dundas, only between University and Bay, what precludes them running 505 streetcars, with a detour - similar to what they've done before? Shame there wasn't another curve or so at McCaul ...
This is the TTC you're talking about. Shutting down streetcar lines for over a year with about a week of prior warning is completely acceptable to them. Who cares about the riders enough to do something as reasonable as you've proposed y'know?

Because of the weather, CLRVs were pulled from service today, and Flexities operated to replace them, along with buses. This was on both 506 and 501L.
First time I've ever seen an in-service Flexity on Upper Gerrard. Nextbus is reporting 105 Flexities in service today.

Tomorrow morning rush-hour could be interesting. Probably a good-day to walk down to Kingston Road!

First time I've ever seen an in-service Flexity on Upper Gerrard. Nextbus is reporting 105 Flexities in service today.

Tomorrow morning rush-hour could be interesting. Probably a good-day to walk down to Kingston Road!

Also the first time I have ever seen a Flexity at High Park Loop as well, today was also the first time that the CLRVs haven't been in service for a day since 1979/1980, and the first time that every service vehicle on TTC was accessible.

Also the first time I have ever seen a Flexity at High Park Loop as well, today was also the first time that the CLRVs haven't been in service for a day since 1979/1980, and the first time that every service vehicle on TTC was accessible.
There were 506s out overnight apparently, and into the morning. And some in service according to Nextbus at 4 pm or so when I first looked. Two out there now according to NextBus - but actually parked at Russell.

So only a few hours when not in service. There's been longer interruptions from labour disputes - and that huge power failure I'd assume 15 years ago (I know the subway was shut down - I assume the entire streetcar network went down for many hours).

Last edited:
There were 506s out overnight apparently, and into the morning. And some in service by 4 pm or so when I first looked. Two out there now.

So only a few hours when not in service. There's been longer interruptions from labour disputes - and that huge power failure I'd assume 15 years ago (I know the subway was shut down - I assume the entire streetcar network went down for many hours).

No, those CLRVs are not in service. They are at Russell signed into 306 still.

I didn't even spot the ones signed into 306 - only bus 3301 according to Nextbus - near Main Station. 4160 and 4135 are signed into 506 at Russell - I've clarified my initial post.

Well, same arrangement is in effect on Monday too, with 501 fully Flexity again and 506 mostly with buses and a few Flexities.

Well, same arrangement is in effect on Monday too, with 501 fully Flexity again and 506 mostly with buses and a few Flexities.
506 is all buses for rush hour and 501 has buses too. Hopefully 501 has a lot more buses than shown, as Nextbus was only showing 22 Flexities and 7 buses at 9 AM - 29 vehicles total - but should have 42 cars in AM peak and mid-day. 506 looks a little better with 27 buses instead of 36 vehicles - but some huge service gaps. And presumably very crowded vehicles.

506 is all buses for rush hour and 501 has buses too. Hopefully 501 has a lot more buses than shown, as Nextbus was only showing 22 Flexities and 7 buses at 9 AM - 29 vehicles total - but should have 42 cars in AM peak and mid-day. 506 looks a little better with 27 buses instead of 36 vehicles - but some huge service gaps. And presumably very crowded vehicles.

501 I believe does have some more buses that aren't tracking. But, on both routes, there are large service gapsx

If you mean you want info on switches etc there is likely something at https://transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/index.shtml or on Steve Munro's site https://stevemunro.ca/ If you only want to see where the tracks run look at TTC site, route maps.
I don't think there's anything at Transit Toronto that shows what's happened in recent years.

The most up-to-date map I've seen (included proposed additions) is at http://carto.metro.free.fr/metro-tram-toronto/

1548101886949.png

Back