News   Sep 26, 2024
 557     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.2K     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 686     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Dozens seems a bit ambitious. But you may know better than I. I would tend to think you would want a candidate with experience running a subway/metro, typically, and one with experience with a large'ish system, and then a solid rep for getting (good) things done.

I'm sure the list is quite deep if you consider any candidate w/the above experience, but if you add fluent in English and willing to relocate to Toronto, I expect the list is a bit smaller.

FWIW, for interim CEO, to my understanding, only 3 people were interviewed. Now, that's a much less attractive offer than the permanent job..........

Are they not still interviewing for interim CEO? I thought that the current situation was they have announced the acting CEO Bruce Macgregor to replace Leary until an interim CEO can be hired who will hold the position until the permanent CEO is found.

Service adjustments for TIFF begin Thursday

Sept. 3, 2024

The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) returns to the city from Sept. 5 to Sept. 15 with some TTC services being impacted. Street celebrations will result in the closure of King St. W. between Peter St. and University Ave. starting 5 a.m. on Thurs., Sept. 5 until 5 a.m. Mon., Sept. 9.

Several streetcar routes will be adjusted and split between the east and west sides of University Ave.

East of University Ave.:

• 503 Kingston Rd, 504A King, 304 King and 508 Lake Shore streetcars will turn back at Church St., redirecting along Wellington St. to York St., then eastbound on King St.
• 504B King streetcars will run between Broadview Station and Distillery Loop

West of University Ave.:
• 504/304 King and 508 Lake Shore will turn back west at Spadina Ave.
• 504A King will operate in both directions to Dundas West Station
• 504B King will go to Humber Loop
• 508 Lake Shore will head to Long Branch Loop

Replacement buses will operate westbound from Jarvis St., west on King St., north on University Ave., west on Richmond St., south on Spadina Ave. and west on King St., to Portland St.

Eastbound replacement buses will operate from Portland St., east on King St., north on Spadina Ave., east on Adelaide St., south on University Ave. and east on King St., to Jarvis St.

Throughout TIFF, the TTC will have identifiable staff positioned at key locations to assist customers and provide information about transit options.

Regular TTC service will resume at 5 a.m. on Mon., Sept. 9, but due to red carpet events on King St., service diversions will be necessary between 3:30 and 9:30 p.m. on Mon., Sept. 9, and Tues., Sept. 10.

Red carpet events will also be held from Wed., Sept. 11 to Sat., Sept. 14. The TTC has worked with TIFF to ensure diversions are not required, but customers may experience delays during this period.

The TTC thanks customers for their patience during TIFF, an event that benefits Toronto’s economy and international reputation as a world-class city.

The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about work and events that impact service, as well as alternate route options. For the most up-to-date information, follow @TTCNotices on X or sign up for eAlerts.

Missing the context that the stations are getting tiles replaced. I don't think the original poster was speaking of the length this work has taken (which could be a fair argument), but more so the appearance. Paired with the slow orders, I can see how it seems the sky is falling, but this user missed the critical piece that the ttc called out.

Screenshot_20240904_102930.jpg

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

RE: APPOINTMENT OF INTERIM CEO OF THE TTC

Sept. 6, 2024

I am pleased to announce that Gregory W. Percy has been appointed Interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Toronto Transit Commission, effective September 9, 2024.

Greg brings a wealth of experience to transit with a distinguished career that includes executive roles as the President of GO Transit and Chief Operating Officer for Metrolinx. He recently retired from CAD Railway, where he led the bid submission and contract negotiations for the fleet maintenance subcontract for Metrolinx's ONCorr project.

Greg has a strong reputation and is respected in the transit industry across Canada. He brings operations and capital experience at an executive leadership level, a deep understanding of transit in Toronto, and a network across the industry.

For the past week, Bruce Macgregor has been acting CEO, he will be returning to his position of Deputy CEO on September 9. I want to take this opportunity to thank Bruce for his work over the past week.

In the Interim CEO role, Greg will help guide the Commission while we continue our search for a permanent CEO.

I look forward to working with Greg as he takes on this new role.

Yours,

Jamaal Myers
TTC Chair
City Councillor - Scarborough North

Back