News   Aug 29, 2024
 279     0 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 837     3 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 470     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I'm curious about the points against Adam. While he doesn't have much transit operational experience, he does have quite a bit of experience (albeit overseas) in transportation policy and infrastructure planning and management. Considering he also works with people, it does have transferrable skills to C-suite executive roles.

I know Adam G........

Nice enough guy, generally. Very pro transit, its a passion.

What I like about him in this context is he has a better read on what customers/riders may appreciate than many who come up through the 'system'.

However, he has two clear weak points in my mind. The first is that he's not really a 'sweat the details' kind of guy. You can see this in the renovation of Dufferin Station of which he was a champion. He recognized that it was dreary, and could use a facelift; but that was then done on the cheap, and left most people feeling it wasn't much of an improvement except for the entry pavilion at grade.

The second thing I would say..........is his political skills aren't as good as they should be. He's a very self-confident guy, that part is fine, nothing wrong w/that at all. But it can lead to Adam talking down to people as if he's quite sure that other people just couldn't possibly understand transit (or whatever) as well as he does.

I'm quite sure he doesn't realize he's doing it.........that is a problem.

Back