News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

True but not easy as they have to have another operator guiding the pole through the reverse and they only usually do it in the yard and the street only if they have to get them out of the way for one reason or another. As far as I know, the TTC hasn't reversed streetcar in revenue service for a long time.
Well you don't see it as frequently as GO Trains being reversed in revenue service, but it does happen occasionally.

Though by that point, most of the passengers have buggered off and found an alternative.

One thing i'm finding problematic is with the Flexitiys, but most specifically on the 510 and 509. Anytime a streetcar is about to depart and close it's doors, a rider will slowly take their time and press the button to open the door to board. At times this happens up to 4-5 times before the streetcar is finally able to close the doors for good and take off.
Odd, when I've tried this on the 514 on King Street, nothing happens, and it pulls away, and I find myself standing in traffic.

Except now with all door boarding, it can be difficult to get out at the back doors because people are pushing to get on.
Oh, I just stand there, right in front of them, making no sign of any movement until they scatter. It's fun.

Only on streetcars or buses on streetcar routes. Otherwise the only time a buss is all door boarding is as a shuttle bus or at a station.
So one could perhaps just say, with all door boarding, as that would cover all your scenarios.

Got to Islington about 10 am and already 90 minutes behind schedule only to see no subway service going east.

Trains were running between Kipling and Islington only. Saw a mob on the south side of Bloor and the odd shuttle bus. Was told someone was kill at Royal York Station about 8:30 am.

This mess my plans up that I did plan C and take the 110 to Lake Shore for a photo shoot. That mob was about 4-5 deep starting at the lane way to the west and a block south on Islington with TTC supervisors helping to load buses as well keep people from line jumping. A few enforcers were on had as well A police officer was directing traffic at the lane way to allow TTC buses getting in and out of the terminal as well forcing traffic to a single lane. Have never seen that type of line for any past no service in the past. Saw next to no buses at all.

Had a look at the Queensway new ROW and they just finish pouring the curb along the new ROW. Crews were pouring concrete between the curb and the ROW and should be finish this week Most of the new support brackets are up and TTC is planing to run power cable at the top of the poles, not under the ROW. Otherwise, not much going on for the remaining sections, others than crews putting in the rebar for the support poles.

514 and 504 were on detour because of Tiff at John St with the westbound cars using York to get to Queen and Church for eastbound. Traffic was a bitch on Queen and good thing I didn't have to use it.

Coming home, the train went out of service at Jane after doing a crew change at Dundas West, but was able to catch my bus.

The concrete used in the Pantheon in Rome used no rebar. Yet, it has stood earthquakes, age, and pollution. Standing the test of centuries.

220px-Rome-Pantheon-Interieur1.jpg

Yet, the concrete used in Toronto doesn't stand the test of decades.

Drove on Victoria Park the other day, and noticed his 2 bus signs said POP in effect. Was that by accident?

TTC's Accessible Transit Forum being held next Tuesday

September 13, 2017

The TTC will hold its annual Public Forum on Accessible Transit next Tues., Sept. 19.

TTC staff and members of the TTC's Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit (ACAT) will hear from customers on the accessibility of TTC and Wheel-Trans services.

Updates from staff include:
- TTC's Easier Access Program
- Wheel-Trans 10-Year Transformation Strategy
- Family of Services
- Community Bus pilot
- Changes in Wheel-Trans eligibility to include people with cognitive, sensory or mental health disabilities

Thirty-five of the TTC's 69 subway stations are now accessible, with three more stations to be made accessible by the end of the year. Three streetcar routes - 509 Harbourfront, 510 Spadina, and 514 Cherry - are also accessible, with the 512 St Clair partially accessible as new stretecars are beginning to be deployed to the route now. All streetcar routes will be accessible by 2019 with full system accessibility by 2025.

Date: Tues., Sept. 19, 2017
Time: One-on-One Discussions 6-7 p.m.
Public forum: 7-9 p.m.
Exhibition Place, 105 Princes' Blvd.

An accessible shuttle bus will be available from Bathurst Station starting at 5 p.m. Regularly scheduled accessible service is also available on the 509 Harbourfront route from Union Station to the Beanfield Centre at Strachan Avenue, or the 121 Fort-York Esplanade bus from Union Station to Princes' Gates Loop.

Wheel-Trans customers may book trips to the Public Forum as well. Please note that all return trips will be organized after the event finishes at 9 p.m. and will not be scheduled in advance.

Attendants, ASL and captioning will be available.

For those unable to attend, the forum will be streamed live at http://www.meetview.com/ttc20170919/ (pre-registration is necessary). Customers can also join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #TTCAccess, and submit feedback by contacting TTC Customer Service at 416-393-3030 on online at ttc.ca.

Back