News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Dundas Station is the 10th cleanest. Dundas West Station is the 2nd dirtiest.

You are just repeating what I have already said. My original statement was asking how Dundas (not Dundas West) station could be the 10th cleanest in the system (because it is more often than not in a sad state)

He's saying Dundas Station should have been the 69th cleanest.

Not quite that low, but certainly not one I would consider within the top 10.

AoD

And on the plus side, the Ellesmere station will disappear once SSE delivers justice - if not much in the way of actual transit - for the folks in Scarborough.

After so many years in Toronto I'm still surprised that streetcars making left turns at intersections get no priority in this city. It's so crazy might never get used to it.

There are lots of locations where left-turning streetcars get priority. Queen/Broadview, Dundas/Broadview, Parliament/Gerrard, most of the intersections on Spadina....

That said, there are plenty of others that could use it as well.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Link below on Toronto's Dirtiest Subway Stations

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-stations-are-on-the-bloor-danforth-line.html

I'll concur w/Main being on the list, probably for the bus terminal ceiling which is supposed to be a white painted ceiling. It hasn't been cleaned in years and I can't remember the last paint job, so let's go w/10 years plus. It looks very grimy.

Warden should be there for the trackside walls which haven't had a good power wash in ages.

That the TTC seems confused on why its stations look dirty is rather baffling. Its rather obvious to me.

It's appalling what excuses they use. Of course open stations have dirt coming into them (duh!). But that means you adjust the cleaning schedule...not let them get dirtier and dirtier. Instead of some PR person making excuses for past mistakes they should send him out with a mop and fix the problem.

TTC track upgrades close portion of Line 2 this weekend

August 17, 2017

This weekend, Aug. 19-20, TTC track upgrades will close Line 2 Bloor-Danforth between Kipling and Islington stations only. Shuttle buses will operate frequently and buses will be added to the 192 Airport Rocket service, which will stop at both Kipling and Islington stations this weekend.

Wheel-Trans buses will operate from Kipling and Jane stations for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers can speak with TTC staff at these stations to request the service.

Regular subway service resumes Monday at 6 a.m.

The next scheduled subway closures are:
- Aug. 26 - Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: St. George to Broadview for City work on the Bloor Viaduct.
- Aug. 27 - Line 3 Scarborough: entire line for life extension work
- Sept. 9-10 - Line 1 Yonge-University: Lawrence West to Sheppard West for track work

Weekend events and diversions

This weekend, numerous events around Toronto will impact service on surface routes. Customers can consult cards placed on local stop poles or visit www.ttc.ca for full information on the following temporary diversions:

Taste of Manila
From Saturday at 12:01 a.m. to Sunday at midnight, Bathurst St. will be closed in both directions between Wilson Ave. and Laurelcrest Ave., causing the 7/307 Bathurst and 160 Bathurst North services to divert via Wilson Ave., Faywood Blvd. and Laurelcrest Ave.

Open Streets TO
Bloor St. W. from Montrose Ave. to Yonge St., and Yonge St. from Bloor St. to Queen St., will be closed on Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The 161 Rogers Road bus will divert to and from Ossington Station via Ossington Ave. and Dupont St.

Wheels on the Danforth
Danforth Ave. will be closed from Byng Ave. to Warden Ave. and Danforth Rd. will be closed from Landry Ave. to Danforth Ave. on Saturday between 7 a.m. and midnight. The 113 Danforth and 20 Cliffside services will divert in both directions via Warden Ave., Clonmore Dr., Gerrard St. E. and Victoria Park Ave.

For details on all TTC route diversions, subscribe to eAlerts or follow @TTCnotices on Twitter for up-to-the-minute advisories. For additional information about upcoming closures and route diversions, customers should visit ttc.ca

Dundas West is dirty, because one end is close to an open section and because of certain Golden Arches.
I live almost adjacent to it, and as much as McD is not my idea of cultured dining, they do clean up their own mess. A lot of the dirt is from the grinding streetcar wheels on the track, and the generally windy condition at that corner is exacerbated by the incredibly inept Crossways air flow venturi. A lot of the grime is by the TTC's own making with construction of various types chronically on-going there. The area is about to see a lot more grime as construction ongoing (site prep actually), just north of the Crossways, six feet of earth has to be removed due to the degree of contamination, and beneath that the soil remediated in-situ, and the Giraffe project, also a dirt accumulator right next to Dundas-West, has to start at some point soon.

The whole Bloor/Dundas intersection is a story of dirt and grime. There's nowhere to go but up. And redevelopment will do that. There's really not much that can be done with the present buildings at that corner.

Last edited:
I'm surprised to see Woodbine is the worst. That was my home station for 2 years up until last year and I didn't think it bad at all. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Until about a month or two ago, all of the construction had done a number on it. They've done a pretty good job of turning it around as they've wrapped up that project.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back