News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Cosmetic USB flash drives are just for individual pleasure and amusement. Mainstream USB flash drives are for efficiency and work. Therefore it all depends what you plan to do with the USB flash drive what you pay for it.
It's the old form vs. function argument.

My USB flash drives aren't the prettiest, but they have such huge capacities.

That's not enough reason for wasting land that could be better used increasing density next to higher order transit.

I would generally agree, but it's not like there's a shortage of other developable land around the station.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 6.31.52 PM.png

For one, Downsview is surrounded by a giant front lawn that's utterly useless and not even pretty. But no, someone decided that it's the parking lot (which is heavily used) that's a waste of space.

And besides, what happened to this? The rendering is probably a decade old by now.

renAllen.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 6.31.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 6.31.52 PM.png
    983.2 KB · Views: 295
  • renAllen.jpg
    renAllen.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 293
I would generally agree, but it's not like there's a shortage of other developable land around the station.

View attachment 95800

For one, Downsview is surrounded by a giant front lawn that's utterly useless and not even pretty. But no, someone decided that it's the parking lot (which is heavily used) that's a waste of space.

And besides, what happened to this? The rendering is probably a decade old by now.

View attachment 95801

They better urbanize and slow down Allen Road near Sheppard if they're planning to build a community there.

A) Is the Sheppard West lot closing? At the moment the hand wringing is over the Wilson lots closing.

B) The Allan district plans are here. http://theallendistrict.ca/

I didn't know you were talking about Wilson. I thought I remember hearing that Downsiew was also scheduled to close a little later than Wilson, but I can't find any information on that.

View attachment 95801

Is it likely that the parking lot will close (or at least shrink) when the extension opens?

From this link. There is a parking capacity of 632 spaces at Downsview Station. At an average of 1.3 people per motor vehicle, that means 830 possible passengers. (Don't know the number of spaces for bicycles.)

The capacity of one Toronto Rocket subway train is 1,458. So enough passengers from that parking lot for one train.

Last edited:
From this link. There is a parking capacity of 632 spaces at Downsview Station. At an average of 1.3 people per motor vehicle, that means 830 possible passengers. (Don't know the number of spaces for bicycles.)

The capacity of one Toronto Rocket subway train is 1,458. So enough passengers from that parking lot for one train.
...with plenty of breathing space

The closing of the one parking lot at Wilson Station meant the lost of 610 parking spaces. Or 793 passengers inconvenienced. (About half of one subway train.)

It is a subway station - lot closure for development should be considered a norm and celebrated (finally - the area around it is getting densified!) and not be seen as an "inconvenience".

AoD

It is a subway station - lot closure for development should be considered a norm and celebrated (finally - the area around it is getting densified!) and not be seen as an "inconvenience".

AoD

still one has to wonder where these 700 cars will go....its not like they will suddenly disappear, especially if they are daily commuters....i suspect that many will find their way to neighboring commercial car parks and then complaints will rise on
not enough parking and hence the cycle beings again....

Back