News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I was going to ask who still uses flash drives :)
I still use USB flash drives for my personal stuff; I only use the cloud if I want to share large files with some others. Best of both indeed (USB flash drives allow for more privacy and are a one-time payment, while the cloud is for sharing large files if they exceed attachment size limits).

I still use USB flash drives for my personal stuff; I only use the cloud if I want to share large files with some others. Best of both indeed (USB flash drives allow for more privacy and are a one-time payment, while the cloud is for sharing large files if they exceed attachment size limits).

I'm with Johnny on this one. No cloud for personal stuff, but cloud for stuff that is too large to mail.

I like to access my stuff (files, music, photos, you name it) wherever I am using whatever device I have with me.

I find it useful not to depend on the availability of the cloud - local storage is still my preferred method. Files I want to share, sure, dump them upward - but I want access to my *all* my files internet access or no.

Another thing to keep in mind - the moment quantum computers becomes available (if indeed they aren't already available to lord knows what agencies), all your encrypted materials from day one are basically going to be anything but.

AoD

Last edited:
I've pretty much given up on the whole privacy thing. Just by owning a cell phone my movements are tracked for marketing purposes, etc. And I don't have anything anyone wants, I'm pretty boring :). It probably comes from when I was working on the road -- there was always that one file I had forgotten to save to a flash drive that I needed, etc. And I change equipment fairly often so the whole having to move everything over to a new device became a pain.

I've pretty much given up on the whole privacy thing. Just by owning a cell phone my movements are tracked for marketing purposes, etc. And I don't have anything anyone wants, I'm pretty boring :). It probably comes from when I was working on the road -- there was always that one file I had forgotten to save to a flash drive that I needed, etc. And I change equipment fairly often so the whole having to move everything over to a new device became a pain.

I find that space is no longer a reason for not having all the files duplicated on all the devices. Now if you are someone that work on multi-gigabyte assets, that's a different story.

Anyways, all this just from a pic of a TTC themed USB key :D

AoD

Cosmetic USB flash drives are just for individual pleasure and amusement. Mainstream USB flash drives are for efficiency and work. Therefore it all depends what you plan to do with the USB flash drive what you pay for it.

I think this updated livery is a great change especially since it is associated with the new streetcars and actually looks more modern.
Yeah the black and grey was starting to get old. I wish they would have put some blue into the new paint schemes for the buses and streetcars as blue and white are the official colours of Toronto.

In the Ward 10 Community Update from Councilor Pasternak.

Protecting Commuter Parking Lots

The closure of commuting parking across the city is a major problem and something I do not support. The decision to close the Wilson Parking lot in Ward 9 was made in 2009, prior to me coming on Council. Making things worse was that Build Toronto did not wait until Yorkdale had opened up its 1,100 commuter parking spots and the Spadina-University subway line with its 2,000 plus spots is at least a year behind schedule. I am bringing a motion to the next Executive Committee meeting on January 19th to review the commuter parking crisis and get action. We will also have TTC staff at my Town Hall on January 17th at 6:30PM in the Antibes Community Centre to respond to questions.

The only people I've seen bitching about it in Ward 10, are people less than a 20 min walk away, and have access to multiple bus options to bring down that travel time significantly.
However their argument is that they have to drive their kids to school, so the city is obligated to provide them parking.

In the Ward 10 Community Update from Councilor Pasternak.

The only people I've seen bitching about it in Ward 10, are people less than a 20 min walk away, and have access to multiple bus options to bring down that travel time significantly.
However their argument is that they have to drive their kids to school, so the city is obligated to provide them parking.

My dad is one of those people who uses the parking lot. He used to take the bus to Downsview (which took about 10 minutes of walking to the bus stop and another 10 minutes on the bus), but he can't stand it anymore. It's too unreliable, always bunching, always packed with people, A lot of the time it doesn't even stop to let him on the bus because it's so full. His job is stressful enough already without having to deal with TTC problems. They need to do better.

Back