News   Jul 16, 2024
 353     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 510     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 631     2 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I have noticed the cries of "G20!" have gotten real quiet now that the fuller unaltered version of events is out there.
What's the point complaining about it, when even the police are testifying that the police were out of control, and the judges are calling out the police.

Here it is:

jkfDxii.jpg

From @iamdavidmiller on Twitter

I'd be interested to see how they accelerate on that route. Even downtown, I find trains on the 1 line tend to have modest and smooth acceleration compared to the rapid pickup trains demonstrate on the 2 line.

As I mentioned earlier, even if police officers say that is not how to handle the situation, there is little question that MANY officers would have done the same, if not worse, in such a situation.

Well those officers should be fired as well. If they're not going to invoke their training, then they have no business being on the streets.

And if you think the TEO getting canned for this incident is unacceptable, take a look at this incident:

[video=youtube;SGSrGmHsT8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSrGmHsT8s[/video]

This officer is likely going to be fired because of his poor conduct.

Well those officers should be fired as well. If they're not going to invoke their training, then they have no business being on the streets.

And if you think the TEO getting canned for this incident is unacceptable, take a look at this incident:

[video=youtube;SGSrGmHsT8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSrGmHsT8s[/video]

This officer is likely going to be fired because of his poor conduct.

The same NYPD that let one of their officers off the hook when video evidence surfaced of him strangling a black man to death? Yeah, not holding my breath for accountability here.

I'm not saying it is right that there is a severe lack of accountability in police brutality, but even when caught on video it is difficult to prosecute!

Here it is:

From @iamdavidmiller on Twitter

Catch 5391 tonight going eastbound at Spadina, but the photo is blurry, as I rush it as my train was just to pass my shot.

Our streetcars occasionally need sand for traction. Does anyone know why this isn't also a requirement for our subway and RT vehicles?

I thought they would have a sanding box equipped, but I'm not sure. Apparently the dip below the West Don around York Mills stn is pretty extreme. And the SRT has a couple steep grades.

I thought they would have a sanding box equipped, but I'm not sure. Apparently the dip below the West Don around York Mills stn is pretty extreme. And the SRT has a couple steep grades.

Damp rails and greasy leaf matter ground onto the rails in the fall has caused many trains to slide between Eglinton and Davisville and around Rosedale for decades, hence subway operators are supposed to use caution in damp conditions in these areas. The use of sand would make sense but it was probably never contemplated. Would the blowing sand interfere with the third rail shoes contacting the power rail? Are there any subway systems that use sand to assist with traction?

Back