News   Oct 02, 2024
 1     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 318     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 1.6K     1 

TTC Illegal Wildcat Strike - May 30 2006

Aparently the strike continues at Wilson garage.

At least my bus routes are out of Arrow Road, but Dufferin 29, for example is a Wilson route and that's one of the busiest. And the criminals at Wilson is the reason why the Y-U-S line is delayed - it's also the closest garage/yard to the union HQ.

There was a northbound streetcar on Spadina about 20 minutes ago, but there hasn't been another one (in either direction) since.

Something about all this reminds me of the great Toronto movie, "Last Night".

It seems obvious to me that spending needs to be reprioritized. Forget the subway extensions... time to install platform doors and automate train control.

Those GTA farecards can't come soon enough.

Sherbourne bus is running. Also streetcars are heading west bound at Sherbourne. None eastbound. Must have just started coming out of the yard.

yay, I can't wait for yet another fare hike thanks to this union. We get screwed over x2.

I guess things are back to normal as I just saw a Spadina car narrowly miss a blind pedestrian crossing the street.

The light was green for her as well.

As of 5.50 a friend whose apt. overlooks Bloor West near West Mall reports no buses on the street. Not sure if any buses at all are running in Etobicoke.

Walked to work today... took me 10 minutes. But that's what I do every day. So many angry drivers, and so many terrible songs blaring from people's car stereo systems!

About what? His walk to work or his "peoples" superior choices in music (not to mention dress, dancing, and other urbane activities). :p

Oh please. If you think the average gay Torontonian has superior taste in music, you're SADLY mistaken! :)

Related article from the Toronto Star:

Pitfield saw some irony in the Bike Week promotions, saying the timing was unfortunate. "People in cars didn't appreciate the flow of traffic being stopped to allow the politicians on bicycles to go cruising on by with smiles on our faces," she said.

Several times today the "flow of traffic" on my bike was impeded by irrate car drivers. Personally I'm tired of the shrill response from those who cant get off their lazy asses and walk or ride a bike.

Back