News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 644     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

TTC doesn't take deliveries on the weekend, with June 29 being the last day to receive a car.

Regardless if its 45 days or 52, cutting delivery close. Its still about a car arriving every 4 days at Hillcrest.

The last car has to be ship from TB by June 22 to allow CP time to delivery it by June 29. Thats makes it 45 days.

I would agree that they would have 45ish days to build cars. But I was replying to your previous post which I believe indicated that they had 45 days to have them here, which implies included transit time.

If the argument over whether they hit the target or not comes down to whether the car arrived on a weekday or a weekend, then surely Bombardier has succeeded spectacularly!

Come June 29, we will see how well BBD is meeting its current target.

4476 was supposed to been off loaded today. Could be in service May 25-June 1.

4475 was out as an in service 301L on Queen and then 509. I believe this is its first day of testing and it was a short one.

4476 was off loaded Friday.

Looks like it’s not just the new cars coming in service that has parklink machines. 4441 and 4446 has been retrofitted with one in the back as well.

Looks like it’s not just the new cars coming in service that has parklink machines. 4441 and 4446 has been retrofitted with one in the back as well.
They are going to be having one of each machine on board all of the Flexity series until further notice because of the problems with the touch screen machines from Metrolinx not always working. So every car will be guaranteed to have at least one working fare machine on board.

4401 is sitting at Hillcrest and looks like it could be loaded Monday to go back to Thunder Bay to be rebuilt finally.

I guess it will go to TB on the flat that brought 4476 down.

4475 is currently heading to St Clair and was out on Sat & Sunday for a short time.

Caught 4445 southbound on 510 Spadina crossing King this morning with the pantograph up. Just managed to get a pic as we headed west on the 504.
IMG_4186.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4186.JPG
    IMG_4186.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 314

Back