News   Jun 17, 2024
 42     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 673     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 417     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

If we're going to go by cars in the fleet, what about 2766?

I don't believe that one is in service, ever, anymore. I believe they had it out on Harbourfront for Canada 150 but it was not taking on public passengers. PCC 4500 can debatably be said to be "in service" as it takes passengers--"revenue service" is iffy as rides are free and it's unscheduled, but I think "oldest car in service" is a reasonable title for 4500 and not 2766.

EDIT: per smallspy 2766 was in fact taking passengers

Last edited:
In the case of 4000, it's hoped that it will be kept for at least a little while as the Leslie mule.
As the first ever CLRV, and of the 5 remaining (of 6 afaik) Toronto streetcars ever made in Europe, I was hoping it would eventually end up preserved somewhere.

Isn't it the only CLRV prototype to end up with single seats in the rear? Maybe we don't want it ... to argue from both sides.

I don't believe that one is in service, ever, anymore. I believe they had it out on Harbourfront for Canada 150 but it was not taking on public passengers. PCC 4500 can debatably be said to be "in service" as it takes passengers--"revenue service" is iffy as rides are free and it's unscheduled, but I think "oldest car in service" is a reasonable title for 4500 and not 2766.

2766 was certainly in public service on Canada Day. I rode it. It was as much in revenue service as 4500 was.

As the first ever CLRV, and of the 5 remaining (of 6 afaik) Toronto streetcars ever made in Europe, I was hoping it would eventually end up preserved somewhere.

There are a number of "key vehicles" that various people at various levels inside the TTC are trying desperately to earmark for preservation, and 4000 is most certainly one of them.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

2766 was certainly in public service on Canada Day. I rode it. It was as much in revenue service as 4500 was.

There are a number of "key vehicles" that various people at various levels inside the TTC are trying desperately to earmark for preservation, and 4000 is most certainly one of them.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Whether it's because it had a gifted life, or because it was put together with extra TLC, 4000 appears to be in far better shape than most of the genre. I guess what would be telling is if most of the Swiss built protos are in generally better shape or not than the UTDC built ones.

It's a sea of Flexitys...
Sea of Flexities.png

Attachments

• Sea of Flexities.png
    Sea of Flexities.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 353
cr ttc4442-1.jpg
4442 the 42nd TTC Flexity tram was picked up from the Bombardier plant and spotted on the Montreal Street siding in Thunder Bay on Friday, August 12th, 2017. It will be moved downtown to CP's "E" yard for forwarding on CP train 420 to Toronto. As a side note, CEM cab car GO 365 was also released, and will be shipped to the Ontario Northland shops in North Bay for completion of painting before being forwarded to Willowbrook shops in Mimico. Bryan Martyniuk photo with permission.

Attachments

• cr ttc4442-1.jpg
    cr ttc4442-1.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 422
Damn, I considered heading out to catch it but read a couple of sources state it wasn't taking people! Fake news :(
Well it's kind of true. It maybe took people half the time. It couldn't take the public underground and for one or two trips did not take any passengers at all from one end to the other.

I don't know about others, but I have only seen 4441 out for testing 3 times since it arrived that were very short. After each test, it has spent days in various service bays. Its has been in the service Bay since the last test last week and currently still there.

I find it odd that 4442 is being pickup now and was reported about Aug 3 that it was ready then. Why the extra time frame??

We were supposed to see 4443 & 4444 this month and with only 11 days to get them ship, looks like another miss month.

Back