News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 910     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I saw one on King St today (Saturday) as well but it said "Not in Service". I thought maybe it was testing out the new 514 routing to see if there were any problems.
There already did that ages ago. It's too late to fix any problems discovered now. The only section that needs testing is on Cherry as testing on King makes absolutely no sense. Probably something is wrong with the car.

Why have I been seeing a lot more of the old CLRVs on Spadina 510 again? There was a point a month ago where nearly every car was a Flexity. This week, while waiting for a low floor streetcar to wheel on my dolly with equipment, I'd see 2 or 3 CLRVs pass by before a Flexity did.
When? Every time I've looked this week, they've been all Flexity's. They are all now.

Perhaps there was some kind of accident on Leslie or something.

And odd that it was CLRVs. The non-Flexities were almost all ALRVs previously.

I'm often on King. The only time you see a Flexity on there, is running in and out of service up to the yard. And you do see those, and they normally take customers, sometimes showing a 501 or 504 exposure.

Why have I been seeing a lot more of the old CLRVs on Spadina 510 again? There was a point a month ago where nearly every car was a Flexity. This week, while waiting for a low floor streetcar to wheel on my dolly with equipment, I'd see 2 or 3 CLRVs pass by before a Flexity did.

Are you sure the CLRVs weren't diversionary cars from the 501? Looked back at the past week and at most there was 1 non-Flexity on 510.

These are more than likely 501's on diversion due to construction on Queen. These can also be ALRV's, obviously.

https://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/501-Queen-watermain-may-oct.jsp

510 itself is completely Flexities most days, with the odd CLRV here and there. I walk/streetcar up/down Spadina every day.

Last edited:
Finally? The schedule only calls for one every 3-4 weeks; it's about 3½ weeks since the previous one shipped.

None. It's going to be all CLRVs day one. They've already announced that.
I thought they were assigning at least one or two to it at the beginning so they have accessible vehicles on king street.

"The 514 Cherry streetcar route will improve capacity along the busiest section of King Street and provide new streetcar service on Dufferin Street in Liberty Village and to the West Don Lands. The route will operate every 15 minutes or better, all day, every day, and will be partially operated with new accessible streetcars." staright from here http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/new-ttc-service_june19.jsp

That's interesting; perhaps they've changed their minds yet again. The service schedule is 100% CLRV. Perhaps they'll provide 1 or 2 to provide the occasional car, similar to how they do on Harbourfront - which is sensible.

The schedule is CLRV, but equipment swaps will be done if there's a new streetcar available. This is consistent with how conversion was done on Spadina -- CLRVs were scheduled and new streetcars substituted 1-for-1 as they were made available.

Currently, only 510 and 509 are officially scheduled for new streetcars. Due to the lead time required for scheduling, the 509 one was prematurely changed to new streetcars based on an earlier iteration of the delivery schedule. With 510, ALRVs were substituted when new cars weren't available; on 509, CLRVs. Once there are enough vehicles on site to consistently operate 514 with new cars, along with 509/510, the 514 schedule will then be revised.

That's interesting; perhaps they've changed their minds yet again. The service schedule is 100% CLRV. Perhaps they'll provide 1 or 2 to provide the occasional car, similar to how they do on Harbourfront - which is sensible.
The schedule is 100% CLRV from Russell but I'm hearing from multiple sources that some new cars will be on the 514. Mostly for rush hour supplementary service.

Back