News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 906     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

If 4422 is to meet the 14 days between cars shipment as stated, it should be in route now to be at Hillcrest for a Wednesday delivery.

Since it's not, and we still have 29 weeks to get the plan 12 cars now as promises for this year, since 4421 is here now as the 13th, still give BBD some room to full fill the agreement.

It would be nice to see 3 more than call for, if not more, but not holding my breath until the end of the year on delivery. December 31 will be a telling point for delivery in 2017.

Will 4433 be the last car to come with poles, not 4460 as plan?? The end of 2017 is supposed to be the date all existing overhead is supposed to be converted to pan use. No idea where the conversion stands at this time, other than King, Spadina, St Clair, Harbourfront & Cherry St will be 100% converted. Need Queen to be done so pans can be use on 501, 504, 509, 510 this year.

4421 will see service this coming weekend if things goes as plan.

Last edited:
Will 4433 be the last car to come with poles, not 4460 as plan?? The end of 2017 is supposed to be the date all existing overhead is supposed to be converted to pan use. No idea where the conversion stands at this time, other than King, Spadina, St Clair, Harbourfront & Cherry St will be 100% converted. Need Queen to be done so pans can be use on 501, 504, 509, 510 this year..
As has been noted above, the TTC have said they will not use pans until all the overhead is converted in case a car has to make a diversion. Last time I looked they had not done any work on several 'diversion routes' neither Church or Parliament has the new overhead yet but last week noticed that most of Victoria has been converted recently and they are working on the rather complicated Dundas/Victoria intersection. Though King was, I think, all supposed to be done in early 2016 there are several sectors that have not yet been done including York to Parliament and the intersections at Church and Parliament. I assume the TTC has a (published?) schedule somewhere.....

As has been noted above, the TTC have said they will not use pans until all the overhead is converted in case a car has to make a diversion. Last time I looked they had not done any work on several 'diversion routes' neither Church or Parliament has the new overhead yet but last week noticed that most of Victoria has been converted recently and they are working on the rather complicated Dundas/Victoria intersection. Though King was, I think, all supposed to be done in early 2016 there are several sectors that have not yet been done including York to Parliament and the intersections at Church and Parliament. I assume the TTC has a (published?) schedule somewhere.....
I haven't seen any update on TTC Schedule conversion for sometime. The only update I have seen so far is for St Clair that will be fully converted by the fall when the cars return to it,

I know Brad Ross has stated on Twitter that using pans is to happen this year with a hint of summer time.

TTC is great for changing dates.

I haven't looked at most intersection lately to see if they have been converted since I last saw them, that still had to be converted. I have seen a number of straight sections still waiting conversion.

June 3-6
Dundas Streets West and East between Bay and Church Streets seeing 24 hr daily for converting the overhead. 505 will be on detoure

Not sure if this is the first day of service but 4421 was out there today.

But only 16 total in service at the moment. 510 fully Flexity-ed up, 509 only has one.

Yes, apparently it entered service this morning. There's been 16 cars in service most weekdays - a 15% spare ratio, so that's what one would expect. They seem to have only had 1 in service on 509 on many occasions recently.

Yes, apparently it entered service this morning. There's been 16 cars in service most weekdays - a 15% spare ratio, so that's what one would expect. They seem to have only had 1 in service on 509 on many occasions recently.

I wonder if there only being one on 509 has anything to do with them not using the complete route and the flexis taking up all of fleet loop. That may also be a reason why we haven't seen any on bathurst this year either too. Plus I think they may not even have ALRVs on bathurst for the same reason. Without Exhibition loop to take up the extra cars they don't want to run longer cars on it.

Not sure it matters that you can only get one on the loop - presumably they dump and pickup passengers at Bastion. If there's two Flexities between there and the return trip, they'd just start coming back.

Though looking at the map, I'd think you could fit about 5 Flexities between the two platforms ...

Though if there's anything to it, I guess we'll see where the next ones go ... to 509, or 514. Though the service summary through to end of July has them on 509 - for what ever that's worth.

Here is the 20th Flexity tram TTC 4421, on its second day of service, on Saturday, June 11th, 2016. It is northbound on the 510 Spadina line and is approaching the northbound Front Street platform.
IMG_8287.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8287.JPG
    IMG_8287.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 666
Why have I been seeing a lot more of the old CLRVs on Spadina 510 again? There was a point a month ago where nearly every car was a Flexity. This week, while waiting for a low floor streetcar to wheel on my dolly with equipment, I'd see 2 or 3 CLRVs pass by before a Flexity did.

Why have I been seeing a lot more of the old CLRVs on Spadina 510 again? There was a point a month ago where nearly every car was a Flexity. This week, while waiting for a low floor streetcar to wheel on my dolly with equipment, I'd see 2 or 3 CLRVs pass by before a Flexity did.
not sure if it is related but I did see a few Flexities in service on King this week....so maybe that has an impact.

In service? I've seen them on King but I thought they were just in testing or some sort of rerouting. Were they in service as a 504?

I saw one on King St today (Saturday) as well but it said "Not in Service". I thought maybe it was testing out the new 514 routing to see if there were any problems.

there were definitely passengers on the last one I saw on Friday night (probably nine(is)) headed eastbound...I saw it from the north side of the street when it was stopped at University....could not see what route it was on.

Back