News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 577     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

True but I don't think the TTC is going to rent a crane and close Lakeshore Blvd just to get a streecar to the barn.
What do you think they will use to move the car from the rail car to a flatdeck and then off loaded it onto the tracks??

My way is the cheapest route as well the fastest.

Who said closing off the Lake Shore and why??

What do you think they will use to move the car from the rail car to a flatdeck and then off loaded it onto the tracks??

My way is the cheapest route as well the fastest.

Who said closing off the Lake Shore and why??
If they have to I think they would put it on a flat bed truck and take it down or even to another location. Just like they did with the first ones.

If they have to I think they would put it on a flat bed truck and take it down or even to another location. Just like they did with the first ones.
They had no choice since there was no rail connection to Hillcrest nor a Leslie Barns at the time.

TTC could off load the cars at Hillcrest and do all the work and testing there. This will mean cars going to Bathurst Station Loop to Hillcrest only and a very short run to burn in 600km. Doing this cause the cars not to go into service until late Aug

If TTC wants cars in service ASP, they will find the fastest route to it even if it cost money and that my route. If they are willing to wait a few few week, then off load them at Hillcrest and do all the pretesting there. Them move the to Lesilie to do the burn in and that is the cheapest way.

They had no choice since there was no rail connection to Hillcrest nor a Leslie Barns at the time.

TTC could off load the cars at Hillcrest and do all the work and testing there. This will mean cars going to Bathurst Station Loop to Hillcrest only and a very short run to burn in 600km. Doing this cause the cars not to go into service until late Aug

If TTC wants cars in service ASP, they will find the fastest route to it even if it cost money and that my route. If they are willing to wait a few few week, then off load them at Hillcrest and do all the pretesting there. Them move the to Lesilie to do the burn in and that is the cheapest way.
I think they will go the cheapest way they can.

509 has slipped to third ? Awful, the morning streetcars skip stops in the morning currently.

The College/Bathrust intersection replacement concludes July 22. The intersection is scheduled to have partial lane opening by July 11. TTC will continue to run buses but streetcars can get through by mid-July. Buses are only running till end of the board (July 30) and streetcar resumes afterwards for the EX. I am 99.999% sure 511 will operated with streetcars during the EX. The 506 will continue to operate with buses for the Lansdown/College intersection reconstruction. Read Steve Munro's service changes: https://stevemunro.ca/2016/05/15/ttc-service-changes-effective-june-19-2016/ and http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toronto/Policy, Planning, Finance & Administration/Public Consultation Unit/Studies/Engineering & Construction Services/College Street West/Open House_Feb 2016/College St Open House Boards_Final_combined3.pdf

The next new car can wait till then. If it doesn't arrive by late June, it won't be ready till mid July.

Now what is this late Aug date you're quoting?

509 has slipped to third ? Awful, the morning streetcars skip stops in the morning currently.
I haven't heard that. And today there are two Flexities out on 509, and none on 514 (all CLRVs).

I think some of these reports about what will happen are simply baseless predictions.

Oh, this is neat. The Nextbus feed is showing 2 Flexities, 6 CLRVs, and a PCC out on 509. They must have put GPS into 4500!

http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=vehicleLocations&a=ttc&r=509

I haven't heard that. And today there are two Flexities out on 509, and none on 514 (all CLRVs).

I think some of these reports about what will happen are simply baseless predictions.

Oh, this is neat. The Nextbus feed is showing 2 Flexities, 6 CLRVs, and a PCC out on 509. They must have put GPS into 4500!

http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=vehicleLocations&a=ttc&r=509
4421 is on the 514. Just happens to be on a special run that doesn't show up on nextbus.

4500 always reports 43.5,-79.5. I don't think it has a GPS.

4421 is on the 514. Just happens to be on a special run that doesn't show up on nextbus.
Still, I'm not seeing any evidence they are going to not run Flexities on 509.

4500 always reports 43.5,-79.5. I don't think it has a GPS.
I've never seen it before. How long has it been showing up.

Though surely the 5 seconds since last report indicates something is reporting itself as 4500 frequently. Compare to 4549 which hasn't reported in over a month.

Still, I'm not seeing any evidence they are going to not run Flexities on 509.

I've never seen it before. How long has it been showing up.

Though surely the 5 seconds since last report indicates something is reporting itself as 4500 frequently. Compare to 4549 which hasn't reported in over a month.
I never said that they won't run any Flexity's on the 509. I'm just confirming that 4421 was on the 514 and it was out all day.

When they run the car and punch in 509 to the trump unit, it shows up on the 509 route. It's reports the same 43.5,-79.5 in the past month nevertheless. Brad Ross confirm not too long ago that it doesn't have a GPS.

There was 4 CLRV and 4421 on 514 today when I saw it twice, as well roded it once. Even rode one of the 514 CLRV.

The PCC and the Witt will never have GPS on them nor pans

509 is supposed to have 2 Flexity, but common to see one due to Fleet Loop. I expect to see a 2nd 509 once the Ex loop reopens in July. Wouldn't be surprise to see 4422 on 514 next week when it enter service and will be the 2nd car for the line.

Since the ridership is light on 509 and the push for 514, TTC will push as many new cars onto 514 until there is 10 of them late this year. The goal still remain to have 510 100% new cars, then move to 509 after 514 is done and then onto 511. As it been stated, one hand said something one day, then the other say something different a few days later that cause confusion, because the 2 hands don't talk to each other in the first place. Everything is a moving target and take things with a grain of salt until you see it.

Interesting read from Chicago's perspective...

Oh, Canada! Toronto beats Chicago on transit with more riders, funding
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-toronto-transit-getting-around-20160619-column.html
Chicagoans are deeply impressed by the TTC's newfound progress. The newest station on the Chicago "L" (Conservatory–Central Park Drive) was completed in 2001 and future stations are all in the planning stage (though Washington/Wabash station is awaiting construction), while Toronto has many stations being under construction.

Back