News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

That's unfortunate. I was hoping POP, all door boarding and level boarding would speed up dwell time. I guess it's so crowded that it takes a while for people to get on/off?

Hopefully it improves as time goes on.

Were people actually spending that time boarding, or was the driver idling at the stop? I walked West down Queen this afternoon, and then up Spadina, and it appeared to be a mess what with the King cars heading North on Spadina and then trying to turn right onto Queen, or vice versa. If you stood on the corner you would have seen at least a dozen 501/504/510 cars. Queen was bumper to bumper, but even though the Spadina cars were pretty-well spaced it looked like they were moving very slowly. Maybe the southbound cars were moving slowly because they didn't all want to be bunched together on the trip back North? Or they were waiting for switches to clear? In any case they were moving more slowly than the large empty spaces ahead of them would indicate.

He's talking about blocking intersections after the light goes red. The HTA says drivers must not enter an intersection on a green light unless they can clear it before the signal changes.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping POP, all door boarding and level boarding would speed up dwell time. I guess it's so crowded that it takes a while for people to get on/off?

Hopefully it improves as time goes on.

Because of the novelty of the new cars, there is definitely a much, much higher level of riding on those two cars when compared to the rest of the cars on the line. Even at 10pm this past Wednesday, 4403 was leaving (disappointed) people behind while the rest of the cars on the line were barely fully seated.

Now is not the time to compare the operations between the new and old cars. Wait a couple of months before the novelty wears off - that will be the appropriate time to compare.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I saw 4402 looking sexy at the Roncesvalles Carhouse this morning. Looking forward to seeing this bad boy out there in revenue service.

Because of the novelty of the new cars, there is definitely a much, much higher level of riding on those two cars when compared to the rest of the cars on the line. Even at 10pm this past Wednesday, 4403 was leaving (disappointed) people behind while the rest of the cars on the line were barely fully seated.

Now is not the time to compare the operations between the new and old cars. Wait a couple of months before the novelty wears off - that will be the appropriate time to compare.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

There are only two out of twelve low-floor streetcars (15 CLRV's) running on 510 Spadina. On the CLRV's, passengers still need to deposit their fares using the front doors. On the Outlooks, passengers would use the two double doors to deposit or validate their fares. On both, all doors could be used for those with transfers or passes.

There are passengers who, despite all the publicity, still don't know how to use the SRVM's, ticket validators, or that they could use all the doors. I am sure there are those who don't know that they can use the machines at some stops. It just may take years for some people to learn.

When I was a kid and the Bloor-Danforth subway opened between Keele and Woodbine, I still saw people getting off at Bloor Street to wait for a streetcar that never came. Despite the publicity and notices posted at the streetcar stops.

Yeah, what was the story behind 4401 and 4402 again?
Were they still needing retrofitting to be updated to the final production design?

Yeah, what was the story behind 4401 and 4402 again?
Were they still needing retrofitting to be updated to the final production design?
The ramps and the cars have to be modify to meet current standards like 4400 & 4403.

They are training cars only and will return to Thunder Bay next year at this rate, once there are enough new cars here as spare that can be used as trainers.

Hard to say if 4404 will get here before the strike is over since it waiting testing and inspection now. It was to be here before 4400.

Hard to say if 4404 will get here before the strike is over since it waiting testing and inspection now. It was to be here before 4400.

4404 and 4405 are complete and ready to go in Thunder Bay. The issue with them is the strike.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

"No low floor streetcars available on Spadina due to mechanical issues. Accessible shuttle buses operating.
Last updated 1:55 PM"

Wow, they didn't even last a week!

Could have been that one was due to get a check of some kind and the other had an unexpected fault.

Back