News   Jul 15, 2024
 149     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 389     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 539     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

If anything the last couple of pages probably say that maroon and cream should probably stay dead and buried in the past. There's nothing wrong with the current colours and I think I've seen an example of somewhere of the current colour scheme transplanted on to the new vehicles that looked fine.

Did they specify how many carriages would be on the Transit City lines as opposed to the regular streetcar routes?

It is probably safe to assume they will look like a standard Bombardier product offering.

If anything the last couple of pages probably say that maroon and cream should probably stay dead and buried in the past. There's nothing wrong with the current colours and I think I've seen an example of somewhere of the current colour scheme transplanted on to the new vehicles that looked fine.

Leave the past as it was!

EDIT: Though I'd be happier with an updated version of the illuminated street signs in the pic than the dumb ones they are rolling out now.

streetcar-4512-04.jpg

Last edited:
This isn't totally about the new streetcars but news that has an effect for the streetcars. I use the 12 bus quite often and saw that the Bingham streetcar/bus loop is closed down which is at Kingston Rd and Victoria Park area. I went on the TTC website and clicked on their Construction Projects link and read about what they are doing which is pretty major. I read the report and was hoping to see that they were going to put a better shelter for us transit users there, I think a better shelter might help convince more people to get on transit there. Their was no mention of this on the TTC website just talk of sewers replacement and streetcar track replacement.

Bombardier has announced that they have received an order from Metrolinx for 182 bi-directional 28-metre long Flexity vehicles according to a press release today. At $770 million they would be $4.2 million each. With delivery from 2014 to 2020, that would provide all the vehicles for the Eglinton, Finch West, Sheppard East, and Scarborough RT lines, based on Metrolinx's May estimates.

Click on the picture for a high-resolution version.

Bombardier has announced that they have received an order from Metrolinx for 182 bi-directional 28-metre long Flexity vehicles according to a press release today. At $770 million they would be $4.2 million each. With delivery from 2014 to 2020, that would provide all the vehicles for the Eglinton, Finch West, Sheppard East, and Scarborough RT lines, based on Metrolinx's May estimates.

Click on the picture for a high-resolution version.

The option are for bi-directional light rail vehicles, to be used for Transit City. They are not single-direction streetcars.

The option are for bi-directional light rail vehicles, to be used for Transit City. They are not single-direction streetcars.
???? Uh, I said they were bi-directional in my post that you quoted. The press release says they are bi-directional. I'm not sure I understand the point of your post!

If you take a close look at that press image, the Metrolinx logo gets just as much side-space as the TTC logo does on the side of the vehicle. :)

Back