News   Jul 15, 2024
 489     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 646     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 582     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

These were my entries, what do you guys think? Any chance in hell of winning? :D

redflagttc.jpg

That one looks great.

Just looking at that picture, I wonder how long it will take a streetcar operator to reconnect the trolley pole if it disconnects (which often happens, especially when turning). That thing is LONG.

These were my entries, what do you guys think? Any chance in hell of winning? :D

redflagttc.jpg

I really dislike the grey.

I think the current SRT colour scheme is awful specifically because of the light grey in it. If the SRT were repainted in CLRV colours, it would be much more aesthetically pleasing.

Hopefully they won't be red (or all red).
Red makes people agitated or angry.
Not a good colour for ransit where people are waiting and waiting around for a streetcar to arrive
(or they'll be seeing red when the streetcar arrives!)

I love the red. It's our distinctive colour for streetcars. That red is an agitating colour also has a positive side: it draws attention to transit.

Seriously: Can you guys picture how long it will take for a streetcar operator to fix those trolley poles if they fall off the wire? Especially the unfit operators will find that quite the jog.

Excellent colour scheme, Mr. Wu. How about making the grey a little lighter, so it will kind of make the Red stand out more? What program did you use to colour? I would love to do a red/cream livery in memory of the PCC's.

Here's my first attempt, gah I tried using photoshop but i'm not that good with it, not as professional looking as wilson wu's, this is my first 'draft' what do you guys think?

TTC-Ext-View-whiteedited.jpg

i think maybe replacing the grey with pure white would look really nice, unfortunately with our weather, the vehicles would probably end up that grey colour in a matter of days regardless haha.

Back