News   Jul 15, 2024
 251     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 445     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 550     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Here's my submission to the design contest...

4623560742_7955f60fec_o.jpg

Notes:

1. Yes, I did mean to put down "Toronto Transportation Commission" on my streetcar design - it's a design element I borrowed from the old TTC Peter Witt streetcars.
2. Outlines of TTC's iconic logo can be seen on the front and the rear of the vehicle
3. I'm trying to do a modern version of the "maroon and cream" colour scheme of the TTC of old. Instead of cream, however, I want to use a colour like light gold or champagne.

Here's my submission to the design contest...

4623560742_7955f60fec_o.jpg

Notes:

1. Yes, I did mean to put down "Toronto Transportation Commission" on my streetcar design - it's a design element I borrowed from the old TTC Peter Witt streetcars.
2. Outlines of TTC's iconic logo can be seen on the front and the rear of the vehicle
3. I'm trying to do a modern version of the "maroon and cream" colour scheme of the TTC of old. Instead of cream, however, I want to use a colour like light gold or champagne.

You forgot the BLUE handicap accessible corner lights. as well as blue lights next to the double doors to indicator where the fold up seats are.

The overhead advance light in front should be GREEN, like the old PCC streetcars.

Last edited:
May I inquire as to what feature in photoshop you guys are using to keep the details, but still colour it in?

Nice designs but you have to keep it simple, the simpler the better. These cars have to be painted every 10 years and that takes a lot of paint and man hours [sorry ladies]. If you look at the buses there are only 3 colours...red,black and white......the light gray has been left out. By not using the gray a lot of money has been saved.

Try filling a separate layer in a colour and then switich the layer style to multiply or colour. Both work alright.

Here were some of my takes.
ttc0.jpg

ttc1.jpg

ttc2.jpg

ttc3.jpg

Last edited:
I do not think every streetcar will be covered in ads. I have only seen a few streetcars wrapped, and I am sure the TTC would want to show off the new cars for a while.

Back