884     0 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
You estimated that the Zoo was " visited by less people in one year as Scarborough Town Centre is in about 3 weeks". That would be about 6% of the STC ridership. With about 30,000 trips a day on the SRT ... and I'd guess another 10,000 a day by bus? That's 40,000 at STC ... 6% of which is 2,300 ... less than 3,000 I guess ... but still more than some subway stations.

Nope.

I was actually talking about the mall alone, which people actually take transit to, and it's more of a fact than an estimate.

Okay.

But do you really think there is going to be more use of the stop at Sheppard and Meadowvale than at a stop at the Zoo?

There won't be much use at Meadowvale...or Morningside, for that matter. The city is already committed to blatantly wasting money here, so they might as well run it past the Zoo if more than zero people in Uxbridge might use it.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Scarborough RT extension will also be serving this piece of suburban paradise. Underground.

These are going to be some of the best served subdivisions in history :)

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Scarborough RT extension will also be serving this piece of suburban paradise. Underground.

These are going to be some of the best served subdivisions in history :)

There's also the spectre of the Morningside line, and new GO service on the Midtown line that may stop across the street from Malvern Town Centre, a couple blocks north of where that satellite photo quilt ends. All this as Malvern's population is set to drop in the coming years due to demographic change...good stuff!

But more than zero people will be riding these lines, so we can't afford not to build them.

There won't be much use at Meadowvale...or Morningside, for that matter. The city is already committed to blatantly wasting money here, so they might as well run it past the Zoo if more than zero people in Uxbridge might use it.

Well, there's the supposed future Pickering Airport to consider...

I wish these completion dates were more clear. Can someone just confirm this is all correct?

All subway extentions including the expansion into the York Region as well as the Scarborough RT are estimated to be complete in 2015.

And both the Sheppard LRT and the Finch LRT are to be completed by 2013?

And when they say "completed" do they mean in service?

All subway extentions including the expansion into the York Region as well as the Scarborough RT are estimated to be complete in 2015.

And both the Sheppard LRT and the Finch LRT are to be completed by 2013?

And when they say "completed" do they mean in service?
Yes - and the Eglinton RT in 2015 as well. But there's only one subway extension (Spadina line) ... and it should all be competed in 2015.

I don't think Yonge subway has a completion date yet. Everything I've heard is that the Vaughan extension will precede it by some years.

Yes - and the Eglinton RT in 2015 as well. But there's only one subway extension (Spadina line) ... and it should all be competed in 2015.

See, the Ministry of Transportation says the Eglington Crosstown LRT will be done in 2016. That one they have to build a very long tunnel so.

I wonder if Eglinton can be up and running with partial service. For example in the east end from the tunnel to Kennedy. It'd be good if they could do that while the tunnel is being built.

I wonder if Eglinton can be up and running with partial service. For example in the east end from the tunnel to Kennedy. It'd be good if they could do that while the tunnel is being built.
Good point, but then again, how beneficial would it be to have an LRT from Kennedy to Leslie, only to require a bus transfer again at Leslie?

Furthermore, where to the LRTs change direction to go back east?

Last edited:

Back