Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

To what end? Benito has the right to take his picture; he has the right to give Benito the finger as he does it. It's a free country.

That guy is on the clock and representing the company. I doubt they would take too kindly to one of their employees flipping off a passerby for taking an innocent photo. Him making an obscene gesture doesn't represent a good image for them. I'm not saying he would get fired but I could easily see him getting at least written up for something like that. I'm also not saying he deserves to be reprimanded for something that seems harmless but we live in a world where people get written up for dumb shit all the time. I've been on the receiving end and have heard enough stories to know how hypersensitive they can be.

Yeah, I'd let it pass too. I've had people scowl at me from time to time, and I get it - even in a public space, you can feel your privacy being invaded. People have the right to take umbrage, although there's not much they can do legally.

I'd never call the builder to complain about an employee flipping me the bird - I'd have to be perfect before I went that route. Besides, you never know. Maybe Benito caught the dude on a bad day, and on another day he'd have a big smile to snap.

I personally feel super weird about taking photos when people are in the shot and know they are in it. I tend to just keep walking and assume someone with less hang ups on here will get the shot instead.

I personally feel super weird about taking photos when people are in the shot and know they are in it. I tend to just keep walking and assume someone with less hang ups on here will get the shot instead.

Yeah I know what you mean. But by the time I realized that he was looking at me, I was already taking the photo and as I said, I thought he raised his hand to wave hi .

I try to keep people out of my shots but it's hard to avoid sometimes. I've gotten some interesting responses while snapping. Don't care :p

There's a difference between someone taking a picture of you or you being in someone's shot.

There is indeed. And when in a dense, vibrant urban space, good luck taking street shots without accidental inclusion of people. In fact, I would argue that the very point of street shots is to capture people being themselves.

Don't want your picture taken in a city's pubic space in the year 2016? Try living under a rock.

Mid afternoon, Oct 1st:
2016-10-01 16.30.35.jpg

2016-10-01 16.30.44.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-10-01 16.30.44.jpg
    2016-10-01 16.30.44.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,099
  • 2016-10-01 16.30.35.jpg
    2016-10-01 16.30.35.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,510
Today's shots seem disappointing somehow… but in a good way.

Back