Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I'm certainly no fan of G+C, but frankly with all the blue glass condos in this area, I'm looking forward to this thing just to act as a visual relief from the monotony.
Yeah, I'm seeing it the same way. And if this is anything like whatchamacallit down in whereyamacallit--down by the Humber--I think it'll look decent.

Today, moving up quickly.
IMG_0049.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,431
I feel like I'm at my geekiest when my excitement meter goes way up as a building that has been below grade for so long finally starts to rise.
Many of us here share a little understood giddiness. I especially perk up when a building gets past irregular podium floor plates and can just...spread its wings and soar.

Many of us here share a little understood giddiness. I especially perk up when a building gets past irregular podium floor plates and can just...spread its wings and soar.

Yes and then when the first materials appear.

It's hard for me to get excited over a building created by Canderel and G+C. Unless they exceed our expectations, a lot of you will probably be disappointed.

…which works quite well on Lago.

On another note, did they manage to re-open Yonge? This project managed to - in chronological order - eat into the sidewalk, then kicked the sidewalk on to the street, then closed up half the moved sidewalk on the street - and then the coup de grace is causing Yonge to turn into a one lane (!) roadway at rush hour this morning with a cop directing the traffic.

AoD

Last edited:
They've hoarded over the laneway as well, but I'm not sure if that's for material storage or overhead protection. Oh, and there was the massive sinkhole that closed Yonge entirely at one point...

I hope some of the encroachments are only temporary. With the way the tower meets the street I get why they needed to completely close off the sidewalk, but once they get past the podium it would be nice to get the Yonge St frontage somewhat back to normal

Back