Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Loblaws is ready to go with the grocery store asap. grocery is moving ahead regardless of the towers. they know there is a market and they want it now. its just an issue of slugging it our through the appeals processes for the site plan and new towers. the whole shebang is expected to be constructed by 2016-2017 hopefully with the grocery store opening sooner than that

Fingers crossed for a 2016 Completion date! It feels like its been ages waiting for this place to open!

Fingers crossed for a 2016 Completion date! It feels like its been ages waiting for this place to open!

It would be great if it opened by 2016. It does seem as though there is quite a bit going on behind the scenes though. I was recently informed by someone at Concord (Cityplace) that Loblaws approached them to sell the units for the Loblaws condo towers at this site. He also says that Loblaws was biding their time until they felt that there was enough "demand" for the retail in the area which he says they believe there absolutely is now.....Take it all with a grain of salt as you see how quickly or in this case slowly things can change but he did appear to have some interesting information about this.

I know someone who works with Loblaws; they have been trying to get this project going for years. They're not biding their time -- they want in now. I remember going to a meeting oh so many years ago when I believe the target opening date was 2012. They also said at the last meeting that they were going ahead with retail with or without the condos (although of course they want the condos to help pay for the massive amount of work that needs to be done!).

I was speaking to someone from Concord last week also and he mentioned that the creek running through the site is being very troublesome and is holding things up

They had plans for dealing with that back when they did the community presentation in 2009/10ish -- unless it has become more of an issue since then.

This is going back to the COMMITTEE OF ADJUSTMENT

Hearing Date: January 28, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m.
100 Queen Street West,
2nd Floor, West Tower

500 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
File Number: B0045/14TEY Zoning IC D3 N1.5 (WAIVER)
Ward: Trinity-Spadina (20)
Property Address: 500 LAKE SHORE BLVD W Community: Toronto
Legal Description: PLAN D1397 PT HOUISEY ST PLAN D1429 PT BLKS 1 AND 2 RP 66R22509
PARTS 1 TO 8 11 24 AND 32
THE CONSENT REQUESTED:
To obtain consent to sever the property into two lots and to create various reciprocal easements/rights-of-way
for a mixed-use development with a seven-storey commercial building, a 40-storey residential tower and a
44-storey residential tower.

More....http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...f/C/C of A TEY Agenda January 28, 2015 PM.pdf

Seems like the bldgs. are getting taller:)

so essentially they want to move forward with the Loblaws ASAP with the condos coming later.

Also, the elevations have LCBO signs in them so I presume it is coming to this location as well.

Tower designs has changed as well - looks very P+S/IBI - Concord now involved?

Nope, still aA. I quite like how the towers have been have simplified and stripped down to a sleeker and more confident form. The twirling balconies of yore had a hint of 'selachii bounding' that didn't seem rooted in anything beyond superfluous 'design.'

Is the office space also still proposed for the first round early phase, and is

I thought that there wasn't going to be any office here and it was just going to be a new Loblaws grocery store. I heard they scraped the office.

Back