Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Not a fan of the towers, but I do like what they're planning for the underpass and that vintage Loblaws sign on the western side. Looks like they're going for the modern logo on the south side though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-43-14_pm.jpg
    screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-43-14_pm.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,372
  • screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-43-25_pm.jpg
    screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-43-25_pm.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 4,171
  • screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-42-55_pm.jpg
    screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-42-55_pm.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 4,315
  • screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-42-21_pm.jpg
    screen_shot_2015-02-18_at_5-42-21_pm.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 4,447
OO looks like they may indeed move some office space there ! Hopeful !

OO looks like they may indeed move some office space there ! Hopeful !

Joe Fresh, Nutshell and Lowblaw Ecommerce all had space on King. It makes sense that they consolidated these folks into one bldg. I don't think this is a net gain for downtown (i.e. moving Brampton workers downtown)

Not really news since all these companies are affiliated with the Weston family.. but the ownership of the site has changed.

http://www.investorvillage.com/uploads/51871/files/tdw26.pdf

JV Formed to Invest in Loblaw Site at Bathurst St & Lake Shore Boulevard
In late-Q4/14, Choice [REIT] partnered with Wittington Properties Limited (an affiliate of GWL [George Weston Limited], which owns 46% of
Loblaw and 5.4% of Choice) on a 40/60 basis to acquire 500 Lake Shore Boulevard West in downtown
Toronto for $15.6 million from Loblaw (100% basis). The property currently contains a four-storey historically
designated building constructed in 1927.

The intention is to redevelop the site into a mixed-used complex, consisting of a 235,000-sf Loblaw-anchored
commercial building, and two high-rise condominium towers. The current intention is to sell the residential
density to a third-party developer, and for Choice and Wittington to retain the retail and office component.
Redevelopment is expected to commence over the next two years. The site is surrounded by several recently
developed high-rise residential condominiums, and is very near to the Island Airport, Fort York, and ‘The
Well’ site being developed jointly by RioCan REIT, Allied Properties REIT, and Diamond Corp.

Last edited:
“blight on this intersection”? This building is practically the only thing keeping this intersection from being the ugliest in the city.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, but--excluding its potential for restoration, which would make it a wonderful building--as it stands right now it looks like hell, in my view. I wonder if you're running together its potential with its current state.

Yeah, not sure how a crumbling heritage facade with actual potential hasn't been the worst thing at thisintersection.

Back