Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Nope, still aA. I quite like how the towers have been have simplified and stripped down to a sleeker and more confident form. The twirling balconies of yore had a hint of 'selachii bounding' that didn't seem rooted in anything beyond superfluous 'design.'

Remind me, how much is aA paying you again? Or is this a free marketing service you're providing?

I thought that there wasn't going to be any office here and it was just going to be a new Loblaws grocery store. I heard they scraped the office.

The addition atop is still in the updated proposal, and it's still commercial. All the Joe Fresh wordmarks around it is suggestive.

AoD

Plans have changed a bunch of times. At one point, there was going to be offices on top of the grocery store. That was in the pre-condo days.

There are going to be offices on top of the grocery store.

Yea my questions wasn't clear enough, we know for a fact there will be office use simply based on the latest proposal I was just more curious if Loblaws had plans to take some of the space, as that would very neat !

Come on, it states right there on the STAFF REPORT

Project Description: Application to construct an 8 storey commercial building of approximately 20,125 square
metres fronting onto Lake Shore Blvd West,
with two residential towers at the rear. The
residential towers will be 38 and 43 storeys in height containing 876 dwelling units in total
with a residential gross floor area of 58,982 square metres. Five levels of underground
parking is proposed with a total of 695 parking spaces

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.35.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.35.22 PM.png
    183.1 KB · Views: 1,316
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.35.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.35.08 PM.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,262
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.34.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.34.50 PM.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.34.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 12.34.24 PM.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,265
Section 37 and public art contributions have been determined:

Given the increase in proposed height and density, the Official Plan would require the provision of Section 37 benefits. Following discussions between Staff, the owner, and the Ward Councillor, the owner has indicated agreement with a cash contribution in the amount of $3,500,000 for this development. The amount would be indexed and it is proposed that the funds be allocated in accordance with the following at the discretion of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning in consultation with the Ward Councillor:
a. $500,000 to be used towards for capital improvements to affordable housing in Ward 20 – Trinity Spadina;
b. $1,000,000 for affordable housing on Block 36 North within the Railway Lands West Secondary Plan area or elsewhere in Ward 20;
c. $1,250,000 towards Mouth of the Creek Park; and
d. $750,000 towards community facilities in Ward 20.

"In addition to the monetary contribution listed above, the applicant will be providing public art as part of this development proposal. The public art contribution will include lighting under the Gardiner Expressway and the continuation of the "Warm by Night" Public Art Program that has been installed throughout the Railway Lands West at the top of buildings.. The public art contribution will be in accordance with the City's Public Art protocols and as outlined in the Fort York Neighbourhood Secondary Plan."

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-76693.pdf

The continuation of Warm by Night, a Concord Adex project... Does this mean Concord Adex will play a role in the residential portion of the project?

Section 37 and public art contributions have been determined:

Given the increase in proposed height and density, the Official Plan would require the provision of Section 37 benefits. Following discussions between Staff, the owner, and the Ward Councillor, the owner has indicated agreement with a cash contribution in the amount of $3,500,000 for this development. The amount would be indexed and it is proposed that the funds be allocated in accordance with the following at the discretion of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning in consultation with the Ward Councillor:
a. $500,000 to be used towards for capital improvements to affordable housing in Ward 20 – Trinity Spadina;
b. $1,000,000 for affordable housing on Block 36 North within the Railway Lands West Secondary Plan area or elsewhere in Ward 20;
c. $1,250,000 towards Mouth of the Creek Park; and
d. $750,000 towards community facilities in Ward 20.

"In addition to the monetary contribution listed above, the applicant will be providing public art as part of this development proposal. The public art contribution will include lighting under the Gardiner Expressway and the continuation of the "Warm by Night" Public Art Program that has been installed throughout the Railway Lands West at the top of buildings.. The public art contribution will be in accordance with the City's Public Art protocols and as outlined in the Fort York Neighbourhood Secondary Plan."

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-76693.pdf

The continuation of Warm by Night, a Concord Adex project... Does this mean Concord Adex will play a role in the residential portion of the project?

Is Mouth of Creek park the park directly North of Library District and directly south of the Train tracks?

Thanks! I can't wait for this development to get going. Decent grocery store and a LCBO will be bonus to this area.

Thanks! I can't wait for this development to get going. Decent grocery store and a LCBO will be bonus to this area.

Sobey's isn't decent?

A more affordable grocery store

Back