Toronto Vü Condos | 83.51m | 24s | Aspen Ridge | Hariri Pontarini

The complexity of form is unnecessary, given the simplicity of use - condos. Had they opened up the site - like 18 Yorkville or Radio City, for instance - it would have felt less like a defensive compound.

BDurk, congrats on your purchase! Sounds like you'll have an amazing view - how high up are you? I think most of us here are quite pleased with this project as well - a great addition to the Adelaide / Jarvis intersection. (dont be put off by the above detractor)

Window Panes

If you have a special interest in the progress of the window installation on the South Tower, these pictures, taken this morning with my mobile phone, are for you. At the NW corner they are now starting to work on the 19th floor. On the SW point they are still a little behind.

4133059333_02e442cbf7_b.jpg

4133828184_6987277d1e_b.jpg

I like this project and always have. It responds well to a complex site, creates an engaging view terminus, is faced in good-quality brick, and has a pleasant, rhythmic spandrel motif. Looks great in person. Thanks for the pics.

The complexity of form is unnecessary, given the simplicity of use - condos. Had they opened up the site - like 18 Yorkville or Radio City, for instance - it would have felt less like a defensive compound.

If I recall, it was their intent to literally make it a defensive compound. Rough neighbourhood, ya know...

BDurk, congrats on your purchase! Sounds like you'll have an amazing view - how high up are you? I think most of us here are quite pleased with this project as well - a great addition to the Adelaide / Jarvis intersection. (dont be put off by the above detractor)

Thanks for the "congrats."We are located on the 17th Floor in the point. Very happy with how the building is coming along. Looking forward to the day we take occupancy and very happy with the choice we made.

So much going on, so darn nuanced and dithery. The precast "masonry", for instance, may be a reasonable facsimile of the 1827 Bank of Upper Canada across the street, but what's accomplished by it? Why break with how the identical two storey red brick bays on the rest of the building are done?

No pre cast used...

All of the brick is individual pieces hand layed...

Back