Toronto Vü Condos | 83.51m | 24s | Aspen Ridge | Hariri Pontarini

The "stonework" intended to simulate what the stonemasons applied to the 1827 Bank of Upper Canada building across the street is precast.

Wow, US finds this to be too busy and fussy. OK, 1 St. Thomas I can understand... but this? I wonder what kind of a world US would like to live in...

commie-blocks03.jpg

Vu's overworked, defensive compound is a better class of London on the Esplanade, that's all. Dithery bits - the faux-Bank-of-Upper-Canada-masonry which breaks with the rest of the building - is tokenism to no avail.

B+ for bust-a-gut effort.

I for one am shocked. I mean can you imagine? Having to live in a building with pre cast brick! What is this world coming to? ......It looks good to me. Very happy with the progress. :)

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Construction moving along on Vü condo in Toronto

Work continues on the Vü condominium/loft/townhouse project in Toronto. Owner/developer and general contractor Aspen Ridge Homes Ltd. has completion of the two-tower project scheduled for March 2010.

The project includes one 24-storey tower and one 15-storey tower connected by an eight-storey podium, with a total of 524 units. The project will also have a courtyard and retail on the ground floor.

The project was designed by Young & Wright Architects and Hariri Pontarini Architects.

Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); and MV Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical/electrical).

Subcontractors include: B. Gottardo Construction Ltd. (excavating); Fourwinds Construction Inc. (site work); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Verdi Alliance (formwork); and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

North vs South Tower

While i've been reading various forums on UrbanToronto for quite a while now, i've finally signed up and am posting for the first time.

Love the building and the area and thinking about buying into the building. Other than the obvious (being in a different building), is there any differences between the North and South Tower? i.e. finishes

Were they originally charging a premium for purchasing in the south tower?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Looking good at ground level. Let's see what goes in there. It looks like a pretty big space though. I like the Juliet balconies on the lower floors.

4224069440_6687f7a127_b.jpg

4224073794_cfcd9c65a8_b.jpg

This is an interesting contrast to Regent Park One Oak: they both have similar ideas with the brick, glass, and spandrels to match the existing fabric of the neighbourhood.

The "stonework" intended to simulate what the stonemasons applied to the 1827 Bank of Upper Canada building across the street is precast.

but it ain't concrete if that is what you're implying

Google Maps Update

Google has updated the Satellite imagery of downtown Toronto with images from August 31, 2009. Google Earth also lets you look at older satellite images. This captures how the former Goodwill site changed first into a Sales office with parking lot, then into a big hole and then finally into the Vü Condo building ...

March 5, 2005

This is the current satellite image from "bing".
Not sure when it was taken, but I assume summer 2006.

August 28, 2007

November 18, 2007

August 31, 2009

Last edited:

Back