Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

+2 unavoidable delay, received another 120 days delay notice today, i emailed back tellin them.. there is no building structure even started so how could painters, drywallers etc cause this delay as there are still digging and removing dirt..you all should send the an email questioning this delay.. this is bs..

Last edited:
+2 unavoidable delay, received another 120 days delay notice today, i emailed back tellin them.. there is no building structure even started so how could painters, drywallers etc cause this delay as there are still digging and removing dirt..you all should send the an email questioning this delay.. this is bs..
vandyk replied..
Hi,

It is not just painters and drywallers that are on strike. As mentioned, various construction trades are taking turns going on legal strike, we were already affected since last month due to the dump truckers. Construction workers are currently on strike as well and we have no workers from the contracted construction company on site to do any work. All of our sites have been affected by these strikes. To keep yourself updated, please visit Tarion website as they will provide updates on all the strikes that have occurred or are ongoing.

Thanks

Kind Regards,
Joanna Xie
SALES COORDINATOR

Any source for that? I know they were asking the City of Brampton to delay paying some sort of fees, but I don’t see how they’re digging a parking garage without any permits? @Oceans13
I don’t have actual source per say but it is true. There is no permit yet..I think they can start digging but can’t actually start building the homes.

Now with the new delay, I did send an email with my frustrations. They don’t seem to prioritize this project at all..

I don’t have actual source per say but it is true. There is no permit yet..I think they can start digging but can’t actually start building the homes.

Now with the new delay, I did send an email with my frustrations. They don’t seem to prioritize this project at all..
I think and I hope they have permit to build low rise buildings there. Few months ago I did some search on that address in brampton municipality site. That area was approved for mid rise condos in 2012 with different builder. Later Vandyk bought and changed the plan to low rise stacked townhouses.

I think and I hope they have permit to build low rise buildings there. Few months ago I did some search on that address in brampton municipality site. That area was approved for mid rise condos in 2012 with different builders. Later Vandyk bought and changed the plan to low rise stacked townhouses.
I saw the change as well.

If anybody is willing to contact them about this, I’d much appreciate the direct information. Doesn’t really make sense they’d spend money digging without any permits. Infrastructure (sewers etc.) is already in place too!

I saw the change as well.

If anybody is willing to contact them about this, I’d much appreciate the direct information. Doesn’t really make sense they’d spend money digging without any permits. Infrastructure (sewers etc.) is already in place too!
Hi Kaoskreator,

What I meant to say was that my sources are reliable, I’m just not able to share it in a public forum. “City of Brampton is giving Vandyk a hard time with approving the building permit”

Hi Kaoskreator,

What I meant to say was that my sources are reliable, I’m just not able to share it in a public forum. “City of Brampton is giving Vandyk a hard time with approving the building permit”
I wrote to them and got this reply today..so i wont worry..

Hello,

We are currently already under construction and have building permits. Please note we are required to apply for building permits block by block as there are 13 buildings in total.

Kind Regards,
Joanna Xie
SALES COORDINATOR

O 905.823.4606 ext.282

Does that mean there is a possibility they might not get permits for some blocks that they are yet to start construction on? That won't be nice!

I just passed the site! Gate open but nothing happening, dead as a doornail, could not even see a person,
I think they would deliver by May 2024. closing date for new sales are scheduled for December 2023. I am not sure how the closing date would be May for us and December for them. New sales also include units from block 1. So, Vandyk has no intention to deliver by May 2023. Let's prepare our mind for May 2024.

Back